2001 F150 5.4 no spark no fuel forscan results

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 F150 5.4 no spark no fuel forscan results

2001 f150 5.4 4wd
I finished replacing head gaskets, set the timing, and turned the motor over by hand to make sure nothing binds up. reinstalled all the accessories and upper intake manifold. motor will turn over but not crank. i double checked all my connections with the sensors, and redid some grounds to make sure that wasn't the problem. the PATS system is working, and the theft light is not flashing when I'm turning the key. I do not hear the fuel pump coming on, and there is no pressure on the fuel rail. i sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body, and same results, no crank, not even a studder. i hook up a spark tester to the COP and there is no fire. i used forscan to run tests, and it doesn't come up with anything major (oxygen sensor malfunction, and vss. I'll post the actual dtc's when i go back out this morning.) it was able to communicate with my pcm, and the PATS system was good to go.

In my mind, i've narrowed it down to the crankshaft position sensor. i reused the old one, and think that is where my issue is. the thing is, when i jumpered the fuel relay under the hood, the fuel pump still didn't come on. also, i did check the fuel inertia switch, and it's in the down position.

In a truck that i've had previously, i've had the Pats system go out. Another time, the pcm failed, so i've personally dealt with these two issues. this doesn't seem to be whats going on with this vehicle.

any other things i should look for?

Old 03-19-2018, 08:34 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
crank trigger and cam sensor all plugged in?

Old 03-19-2018, 08:39 AM
crank trigger and cam sensor plugged in. while troubleshooting yesterday i even cleaned the connections to make sure it was a good contact.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:48 AM
the dtc this morning is p1000 obd system readiness test not completed and p0155 heater circuit malfunction

Old 03-19-2018, 06:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
That P0155 is your O2 sensor.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:06 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
More accurately, it's the heater circuit which includes the sensor, the wiring, connectors and the PCM. You have to actually troubleshoot the issue to get to a definitive diagnosis. In any event, it is not the cause of the more severe symptom.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:56 AM
i know why i'm getting the heater circuit fault (broke an o2 sensor). i hooked up a spark tester to the COPs, and am getting no spark. i replaced the crank sensor, and i'm getting a voltage when I turn the engine over, and i'm getting voltage from the cam sensor also when turning the engine over. i got to looking at the whole vehicle this morning, and apparently when this kid put the body lift on, he decided that because the grounds didn't reach, he would just zip tie them out of the way. got the grounds reattached to the frame and body, and double checked the engine grounds. I'm almost at a loss of where to go next

Old 04-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Well, figured it out. Pulled the A/c off again to pull the crank position sensor. When I pulled the sensor out, I saw a loose chain. Pulled the timi g chain cover off, and the trigger wheel was laying in the oil pan in pieces, and the passenger chain was broke. So, now to find a trigger wheel. Any ideas?

Old 05-08-2018, 08:58 AM
well, got it mostly put back together. dropped the fuel tank and the fuel pump was good to go. changed the MAF sensor, o2 sensor, checked the fuel pressure at the rails (good). it's firing up now, but still bogging out. I drained the little fuel i had in it and put new fuel in it this morning. it will stay running if i pat the accelerator. here's the codes from FORSCAN i have right now...

P1137- lack of ho2s12 switch sensor indicates lean
Code: P1157 - Lack of HO2S22 Switch Sensor indicates Lean
Code: P1408 - EGR flow out of self test range
Code: P1131 - Lack of HO2S11 Switch Sensor Indicates Lean
Code: P1151 - Lack of HO2S21 Switch Sensor indicates Lean

still working on my next steps and what they should be.... any input? I think i'm going to change the fuel filter today and see what that changes. my fuel pressure is steady, thats why i haven't changed it already

Quick Reply: 2001 F150 5.4 no spark no fuel forscan results