Belt replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belt replacement

Are there any photos of the drive belt replacement out there? Im not sure if you could slip the belt around the back side of the tensioner pulley or if you need to remove that assly.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Suspended
What engine? On my 4.6 looking from the front of the truck, the tensioner is off to the passenger side of the truck about halfway down. Get a BFR (1" drive) and put it in the slot on the front of the tensioner, than rotate downward. Take off worn belt and than thread new one through all pulleys except alt. than repeat process with tensioner and slip belt over alt. pulley. You should have a sticker somewhere around that piece of plastic around you hood latch that shows you how the belt is supposed to go around the pulleys, do not take the belt off until you are sure about how it goes back on, cause it will be a nightmare that you wont forget anytime soon.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nashr1
Are there any photos of the drive belt replacement out there? Im not sure if you could slip the belt around the back side of the tensioner pulley or if you need to remove that assly.
Mine wouldn't slip in back of the pulley, but it didn't need to. I thought it did when I first looked at it. It turns out the belt wrap over the tensioner pulley not around it. Looking and the diagram on the shroud, will help you see how it comes off.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Suspended
Oh, after this last post I see what you mean. It took me a little while to figure that out myself. I just took the belt and slipped it through the top of the tensioner and routed it from there. If you look down at the tensioner you will see the hole for the belt to pass through in regular rotation and I just squeezed the ends of the belt and slipped it in that way.

Old 12-27-2005, 04:35 PM
belt replacement again

Thanks so much for the info. This will help alot.

Quick Reply: Belt replacement