Missing, Wont idle, Dies at a stop HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Missing, Wont idle, Dies at a stop HELP!!!

I have an 02 Police Interceptor Vic engine in my truck with the low plastic intake manifold. Had to splice some wires and mod some things but got it working for a few months. Now it misses like crazy and will hardly stay running and cannot idle. If I put new spark plugs in, it will run GREAT for about 3 days than start missing and running like crap. I guess it is fouling them.

It also almost dies when i come to a quick stop revs drop and lights dim. IAC? EGR?

There is a small leak in the EGR tube but i had it patched and it still did the same thing.

I just have no idea why it is doing this. Could the EGR foul plugs, I already cleaned it. I guess i will just have to change every sensor in that truck to figure it out.

I will accept any and all help that is given. Thanks VERY MUCH

Old 09-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Aubtigrz2010
I have an 02 Police Interceptor Vic engine in my truck with the low plastic intake manifold. Had to splice some wires and mod some things but got it working for a few months. Now it misses like crazy and will hardly stay running and cannot idle. If I put new spark plugs in, it will run GREAT for about 3 days than start missing and running like crap. I guess it is fouling them.

It also almost dies when i come to a quick stop revs drop and lights dim. IAC? EGR?

There is a small leak in the EGR tube but i had it patched and it still did the same thing.

I just have no idea why it is doing this. Could the EGR foul plugs, I already cleaned it. I guess i will just have to change every sensor in that truck to figure it out.

I will accept any and all help that is given. Thanks VERY MUCH
What plugs are running in that 4six ? Make and numbers.

COP ignition correct?

Old 09-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and what brand cop's you running? was there moisture down in the plug bores when you changed them? what did the old ones look like? is the cel on? how many miles on the motor? have you gone over your wiring?

Old 09-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Sounds like a, slap anything together engine and hope it runs lol. Was it even tuned?

Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Motorcraft plugs, Gas fouled after 3 days.

Cant crank it right now cause im putting a tranny in it. The EGR tube is not sealed at all, could that be causing fouling? I am welding it tomorrow.

I dont know if i need to buy an IAC Valve or EGR valve or what. Ive already cleaned both before.

A few months ago it would start missing and idle real bad and i would clean the MAF Sensor and it would run good, now it wont fix it.

It is missing and idleing like crazy now, cant even drive it its so bad.

Im pretty sure the wiring is good i just dont know what sensor could be messed up and be fouling the plugs????

Quick Reply: Missing, Wont idle, Dies at a stop HELP!!!