Plz help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plz help!!!!

After looking through numerous threads and info, it looks like the 1997 4.2 engine has had a bad rap. My f150 is a 1997 and a 4.2 and I bought it back in 2000 and the only thing i have had replaced is the Intake manifold gasket and simple maintence and I was kinda scared of what I should be looking for or what I should have my mech look for during check ups? Can you guys give me a list so I can make sure I dint have these problems....

Also I love my truck but I wanted change thr tranny and spend some moeny but I need some advice. I was thinking about trading my truck and getting something different, I have really bad credit and so will it be better to keep the truck or risk buying something that I dont know anyhting about??

Thanks for the help

Old 01-18-2005, 08:40 AM
My 4.2 has 181K, runs strong (well, as ever), and doesn't burn oil. Results vary, luck's involved, but especially if I had money problems, I'd keep the truck and I wouldn't spend anything on optional gear like a different transmission. When money comes together for you, then the sky's the limit. Good luck.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:05 PM
If you replaced the intake gaskets, you have remedied the biggest problem of the 4.2 in 97. Shouldn't have any severe problems after that.

Robbie

Quick Reply: Plz help!!!!