2001 v6 motor replaced, then the whole truck replaced!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 03:12 AM
Wes
Account Suspended For Cross-Posting Unrelated Classified Ad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 v6 motor replaced, then the whole truck replaced!!!???

Hi guys,

I have (or should say HAD, as of today) a 2001 f150 XLT supercab with the v6 and the automatic transmission. The truck ran great (and got over 18 mpg) up until it had 7,185.4 miles on it, I pulled up to a stop sign, and it just slowed down and died, I tried to restart it, but it just clicked. I had it towed to Gillespie ford in San Antonio (DONT EVER GO TO GILLESPIE FOR SALES OR SERVICE!!) and they replaced the starter (as well as put 2 cigarette burn holes in the truck, one on the driver side visor, as well as on the front of the seat in the center, but Gillespie service manager (who we will call Mr. GD) swears that it did not happen on their property, i`m only 18 and dont smoke, and I dont let anyone else smoke in my truck either for fear of that lingering horrible stench, and they had it for well over a week, so it HAD to happen there! not to mention that Mr. GD did the seat belt recall on my truck and left out the center seat belt in the front seat (which wasn't even part of the recall!!), wonder what kind of suit we could have had if someone would have been hurt/killed riding there since there was not seat belt? Mr. GD and the rest of his worthless, rude, chain smoking service crew, as well as the Gillespie general manager Mr. Jeff Peduke (sp?) who LITERALLY slammed his door in my face they day I picked it up and found the cigarette burns in it should be removed from Ford motor company) ANYWAY, they replaced the started and it proceeded to go out again, so this time I had it towed to Red McCombs ford in San Antonio, and they replaced the starter on it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, the scenario repeated itself a total of 9 (NINE!) times, and each time I would go pick it up and it would go out again within 150 miles. It wouldn't just go out when I tried to start it, It would go out while I was cruising down the highway, so after the 7th attempt, they replaced the fuel pump, the torque converter, the over drive solenoid, the starter solenoid, and some other stuff, after the eighth attempt they replaced the whole motor assembly in the truck, 242 miles later, after the motor replacement had taken place, (this is where it gets good) I`m cruising down loop 410 in San Antonio, at about 60 - 65 mph, and it decides on its own to go from overdrive down into first gear (it is an automatic), I had my seat belt on, but the jolt was good enough to bend my neck down into the top of my arm, that was holding the steering wheel, and fracture my nose, and make it bleed horribly. Someone saw what happened and called the cops and the cops saw all the blood and wanted to call EMS. Needless to say I refused to drive that truck any more after that!! And after my truck leaving me stranded on the side of the road 9 times and having to have it towed 9 times, and bloodying up my nose, I was fed up with it. It was then towed back to Red McCombs ford in San Antonio, where they said all it needed was a "Minor adjustment." after they "fixed it" the 9th time (directly after the bloody incident) one of the service techs took it for a test drive, and he (not wearing his seat belt) got a nice sized bump on his forehead from the truck deciding to do the same shenanigan with him. Anyway, we called Maxwell Ford (where we bought it) up in Austin, TX and they said right away "we need to get him out of it," they sent a tow truck down to San Antonio, all the way from Austin, to get the truck and tow it back. I took delivery of my 2002 Dark Shadow gray XLT supercab, with gray tu-tone at the bottom (beautiful truck) TODAY! Tommy Perez up at Maxwell took great care of us, and got us into a brand new truck, with even more options, for the exact same payment I had. Maxwell is the place to buy your next ford vehicle! I`m not sure if I just got a "1 out of a million" truck that was a lemon or what?? Ford finally realized, after the bloody mess, that we had a very good lawsuit with them, and even still do should we decide to pursue it further. It qualified for the Texas lemon law after the 3rd attempt to repair it.

KUDOS AND MANY THANKS TO TOMMY PEREZ (GM of Maxwell ford) AND HIS STAFF OF FINE SALES AND FINANCE PERSONNEL.
Tommy I cant thank you enough, thanks a million! I`m sold on Maxwell Ford...keep up the A+ customer service/satisfaction!

Wesley
San Antonio, TEXAS

Pro Maxwell
Anti Gillespie (rip off...... they love the "uneducated" buyers who they can rip off)

Old 12-16-2001, 12:58 PM
i bought my truck from Leif Johnson here in Austin and they were great. i went to Maxwell one day to get a part for my dads truck and tey had to order it and said it would be in in like 2-3 days. i go back and after 15 min of them looking for it(3 people) they said that when they find it that they would give me a call. i was just pulling out of the lot and they called my cell phone and they had found it so when i went back in they just gave it to me. cant argue with that. there custmer service is good

Old 01-12-2002, 09:37 AM
Question

Sheesh, what a story! Did anyone ever find out what was wrong with your truck? Someone sleeping on the job @ the assembly plant again?

Old 02-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Sounds like you should have gotten a chevrolet!

JUST KIDDING

NO FLAMES PLEASE

Quick Reply: 2001 v6 motor replaced, then the whole truck replaced!!!???