Econoline tach

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Econoline tach

Is installing a tach the same for an Econoline as an f150? I have an 02 4.2 e250 I'm doing alot of stuff to and would like to ad a tach to help monitor things.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:18 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
For the price of a tach, you can put a Scangauge or an Ultragauge on it and get far more info. I have one of each on my vehicles. I prefer the Ultra due to it's a little easier to program and setup. Both plug into the OBD2 port which is usually under the dash at the steering column. With the Ultra you can get several hundred different monitors and divide the screen into several different monitors. I have mine setup in my truck to read rpms, electrical system voltage, instant fuel economy, and engine core temperature. My F150 does not have anything on the dash that reads the electrical system at all, nothing. That's why I have the system voltage monitored. You can monitor each cylinder for air/fuel, actual power output at the crank, just hundreds of monitors. It will also monitor your gas tank and sound an alarm when it gets low. If the computer system of the vehicle monitors or controls it, the Ultra will read it. Only downside is where to put it. I made a block of walnut to hold the mount and it's velcro held to the dash at the far left. It's reasonably easy to program what you want. The Ultra has you download a book of instructions on how to program it. Might give it a look over just a tach.
http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

Old 07-22-2019, 04:16 PM
Would these features on a tuner be just as good? Or is the scanguage decently better? I'm considering a tuner but can't find any solid info on if or how well it worked for other Econoline owners. F150 driver's and mustang guys seem to love their programmers or tuners. I'm considering the sct x4 but have a bit more reading to do before I make a decision. The power I have is adequate for now but more never seems to hurt.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:26 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Hold the trip reset button in and turn the key on without starting the engine. Release the button when the odometer says "test". Start the engine and push the button till it says "tach". Your odometer is now in the tach mode and will stay that way till you shut the engine off.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Hold the trip reset button in and turn the key on without starting the engine. Release the button when the odometer says "test". Start the engine and push the button till it says "tach". Your odometer is now in the tach mode and will stay that way till you shut the engine off.
Nice can't beat free, thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: Econoline tach