Full race turbos - HPFP required for this setup?

Old 09-18-2017, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full race turbos - HPFP required for this setup?

Some questions on building my 2011 F150 3.5L Ecoboost. Current modifications I have, or plan to install:

AEM Charge Pipes
AEM Stage 2 Intake
Heartthrob Exhaust
Full Race GT Twin Turbos
Wagner Intercooler
Turbosmart BOV
Kooks Catless Downpipe

I'm having some problems with the modifications. From what I've heard, I'll need a $1600 HPFP to run 600hp on pump gas with these new GT Turbos. I really dont want to dump another $1600 into the performance side of this truck when It's going to be on all terrain tires with a lift and get zero traction anyhow.

A few of my colleagues say to sell the new GT turbos, keep the stock ones, and do all the other mods to get around 500hp and be happy. The turbos are going to require the HPFP to push it over 500hp, and the stock turbos should do fine otherwise. Whats the opinions of the forum?

Old 09-18-2017, 01:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i would stick to around 500 hp

when this motor came out this was talked about, the direct injection could only supply around 550 to 600hp was the guess.

have you looked at the borla kit and what all was changed and the results? i think you basically are doing what they are

Old 09-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gotta get the HPFP to make full use of the larger turbos. The factory fuel system is the limiting factor on these motors. They can't push enough fuel to feed more than 500 horses.

​​​​​​You have a couple choices:
1. Get the HPFP and get all the power.
2. Run a very conservative tune on the GTs and make more power than the stock ones but nothing near what they are capable of.
3. Keep the stock ones and be close to the power limit.

Search this Thread