2012 Ecoboost Issues

Old 08-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2012 Ecoboost Issues

I've been searching the forums and not sure if I'm just not seeing the issue I have or if I'm just special! My '12 Ecoboost 4X4(66,000 miles) has had the dreaded wrench light come on, engine sputters, doesn't respond to the throttle, will allow me to idle out of the intersection. I can re-start it and it immediately runs correctly. I've had it to two repair centers (I bought the extended warranty) So far I've replaced the plugs, coil boots, and throttle body. This problem scares me because it could get me killed crossing the highways. Any thoughts?

Old 08-23-2015, 05:28 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Get the codes read. We can't give much advice without them.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dcmorrow
I've been searching the forums and not sure if I'm just not seeing the issue I have or if I'm just special! My '12 Ecoboost 4X4(66,000 miles) has had the dreaded wrench light come on, engine sputters, doesn't respond to the throttle, will allow me to idle out of the intersection. I can re-start it and it immediately runs correctly. I've had it to two repair centers...
Welcome to the forum, dcmorrow. Have you been to Ford Dealerships or have you been going somewhere else for service? Let me know; I want to see what I can do to help with your concerns.

Crystal

Old 08-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Third trip to Dealer in 5 days!

Thank you for your help with this. The tech initially didn't record the codes for me. I had to get the service advisor to get the tech to give me the codes. I had asked for the codes to be recorded when I dropped it off. The codes were p2011 and p2035. Both pointed to the throttle body. They replaced the throttle body and sent me on my way. The first day I drove the pickup, it went to the same limp mode 3 times. Again, I was almost in an accident because of the timing of the issue. Second trip to the dealer, they said the same codes were present and the throttle body was bad. I questioned this as I've replaced many Ford throttle bodies and have never had a bad one from the factory. Another 2 days without the truck. Picked it up last night and thought they may have found it. It went back to limp mode this morning! I took it back without restarting it...letting the tech get any real data he could. Now they are ordering a PCM. I hope this is the end of this issue. I can honestly say this dealership isn't doing anything to make me feel too confident in their judgement...or at least customer service!

Old 08-27-2015, 12:31 AM
Crystal, I've been taking it to a dealer in Lubbock, TX. If you would like the name, I will share it. just don't want to slam anyone publicly

Old 08-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dcmorrow
Crystal, I've been taking it to a dealer in Lubbock, TX. If you would like the name, I will share it. just don't want to slam anyone publicly
I understand, dcmorrow. Reach out to me via private message (PM); I'll get this on the radar of your regional customer service manager (CSM). The CSM will work with you and the dealer to get your concerns resolved. When writing, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Ecoboost Issues