Bad camshaft sensor!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad camshaft sensor!

My camshaft sensor went bad on my F-150, 2004 V6. I pulled the belt off and started it and it was still make noise. Do I have to replace the whole assembly, the phase and gear or, just the sensor cap ? Also anyone have a part list for a home electric fan ? I don't feel like dropping $600 on a fan kit.

Thanks

Old 11-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DOUROS81
My camshaft sensor went bad on my F-150, 2004 V6. I pulled the belt off and started it and it was still make noise. Do I have to replace the whole assembly, the phase and gear or, just the sensor cap ? Also anyone have a part list for a home electric fan ? I don't feel like dropping $600 on a fan kit.

Thanks
Hey.

Camshaft sensor? And the truck still runs?

What led you to that diagnosis? Post the codes.

If you do indeed have a defective unit, get a new one from RockAuto.

By the way, you do not have any 'phasers'. Those only exist on the 3V v8's.

W.R.T efans - you don't need to spend $600, but you should invest in a high-quality fan assembly and a proper constant-temperature variable-speed controller robust enough to drive it.

Just do this: https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...150-4-2-a.html

Alternative fan assembly = Motorcraft RF-269 ( OEM 2010+ F150 component ). Plop that # into Advanced Search to pull up all the articles pertaining to same.

Good luck

Old 11-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck started making a loud noise form the front of engine that sounded like a belt or pulley going bad. I removed the belt and started the truck and it continued making the noise. I figure it was the camshaft position sensor and synchronizer gone bad. On the plus I F'ed up my water pump so I now get to pull that off as well.

Quick Reply: Bad camshaft sensor!