Many issues 2011 F150 Fx4

Old 06-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st issue was the advancetrac light coming on and blinkers not working. After many trips to the dealer the electric steering rack was replaced. I suggested they look at this as a possibility and they finally got it fixed.

2nd issue was the heater/defroster/ac not working. Blower motor controller replaced.

3rd issue is the rear window defroster/side mirror defrosters not working. Still need to schedule an appointment. It will either be the contacts or the window itself.

My warranty is about to expire and I am considering the extended warranty.
Has anybody ever received a discount on the extended warranty due to excessive problems?

Old 06-04-2014, 01:24 PM

They aren't going to give you a discount if you have a lot of problems, if anything they'd charge more. Annoying, but problems 2 and 3 aren't big issues. The fan controllers go out and defrosters are one of the simplest items on any vehicle.

My opinion, others disagree: people sell warranties in order to make more money off of you. If they didn't net them a profit, they wouldn't sell them. Depending on price, they aren't worth it. You issues have been exceedingly minor in my opinion, and do not warrant an extended warranty.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Not sure an extended warranty covers those items. I am just not a believer in extended warranties, never bought one, but if you choose to do so, make sure it covers the items you've listed.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If your going to get a warranty only get the ford premium esp warranty. I paid 820 bucks for 5 year/75000 miles with rental coverage. I figured one trip to the dealer will pay for the warranty. Mine covers engine, Trans, Ac and front suspension and some electrical. To me it was worth it.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 AM
Originally Posted by beetlespin

1st issue was the advancetrac light coming on and blinkers not working. After many trips to the dealer the electric steering rack was replaced. I suggested they look at this as a possibility and they finally got it fixed.

2nd issue was the heater/defroster/ac not working. Blower motor controller replaced.

3rd issue is the rear window defroster/side mirror defrosters not working. Still need to schedule an appointment. It will either be the contacts or the window itself.

My warranty is about to expire and I am considering the extended warranty.
Has anybody ever received a discount on the extended warranty due to excessive problems?

Rear window with power slider needs to be replaced. Dealer is waiting for approval from Ford. Glad it is still under warranty.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:40 PM
What does this have to do with V6 engines???
None of your complaints are engine based and you don't even tell us your engine size...

Old 06-14-2014, 04:16 PM

^ who cares where he out the thread?

Old 06-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
^ who cares where he out the thread?
I do. Others probably do too.

When he posts under the engine topic a thread called "Many Issues..." it looks like engine issues. That is misleading.

Plus people in this forum are looking to help out people with engine questions. So he is unlikely to get the answers he is looking for when he posts it here.

It would be in everyone's best interest if he put his questions in the correct forum. (at least, everyone but you)

Old 06-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by mkosu04

When he posts under the engine topic a thread called "Many Issues..." it looks like engine issues. That is misleading.

Plus people in this forum are looking to help out people with engine questions. So he is unlikely to get the answers he is looking for when he posts it here.

It would be in everyone's best interest if he put his questions in the correct forum. (at least, everyone but you)

Silly me posting in the wrong forum

Moderator, feel free to put this in the correct Forum

Old 06-16-2014, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by mkosu04

I understand that, but warranty issues don't have a designated forum, so no, I don't care where it is. And Jim obviously doesn't either, otherwise he wouldn't have posted and not mentioned it.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:00 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
When someone uses the New Posts feature, they don't always look to see what forum it's in. Jim uses his phone most of the time to screen posts which adds to that.

In my opinion, the best forum for this thread is the 2009-2014 truck forum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Many issues 2011 F150 Fx4