Power steering type whine Ecoboost Engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the power steering whine in my truck. 2012 Ford f150 SCREW ecoboost with 86k miles. I hear it at lower speeds, when I accelerate and slow down. I can't hear it in park or neutral. I took it to the dealership and they told me it was the left turbo and the exhaust manifold, but I don't have a loss in power at all. I took it to a second dealership and they are saying it's the transmission. I have no issues shifting. On occasion there is a clunk when taking off from a start and stopping.

I don't know anything about vehicles except general maintenance and that it's making a noise that it shouldn't. I'd appreciate any input, as I'd rather not replace the transmission if that isn't the problem.

Last edited by Braaapckus; 04-11-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ecoboost whine

Hey folks, 2013 f150 3.5 ecoboost... I've read all of the posts concerning the "whining" power steering type noise. Same noise a little bit different situation. Only get the noise when ac compressor is running. Noise increases with throttle and ceases when compressor is not engaged... no issues at all with just heater on. Strictly when the compressor is running. Blows cold air, so it is working. Thinking the bearings in the pulley are shot?? Anyone had this issue??? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Power steering type whine Ecoboost Engine