Limp Mode?? I am really starting to get angry! Dang eCo!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
If you have the invoice you should see parts cost billed out, if it says 0.00 you know they didnt replace anything. It *should* show parts on the ticket even if you didnt pay for it since its under warranty
True. Of course, they could print whatever they wanted to print on his ticket....doesn't mean they actually installed the part, and given this dealer's track record, I wouldn't put that sort of shenanigans past them.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by DewserB
True. Of course, they could print whatever they wanted to print on his ticket....doesn't mean they actually installed the part, and given this dealer's track record, I wouldn't put that sort of shenanigans past them.
This was at a Houston dealer because that is where i was when it happened but I just looked on the invoice and it says "located and repaired" not replace. I am pretty sure they told me they replaced the harness though. There is no cost shown on the invoice.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
also from the Land Rover side of the automotive world, if we have to replace an entire body harness. It takes 2+ months to get the harness in our hands. We have to have the harness custom made overseas per the options on the vehicle.

Im sure Ford has fewer options on the harnesses, and more or less have a generic body harness, but I would think they would have to pull one out of dearborn plant and that should take a week or so to happen and get shipped to the dealership.

I'm mentioning all this because if you only had your truck in the shop for 24-48hrs I'd be willing to put a serious chunk of change down on a bet that they DID NOT replace any harness at all.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 PM
tonight we have a new issue.....
CEL is back on, and my truck sounds like a boat...

here is a video of my reverse camera, this is after it has been fixed... cycle it in and out of reverse enough and it will start acting right..

here is limp mode in progress

I will be uploading the recorded conversation between the Ford rep and myself tomorrow. on our first conversation she told me the ecoboost is made for power and mileage, not towing.. after I let her off the phoen and went into my office where I could record the conversation she changed her tuen a little but was still ******* the ecoboost pretty bad..

Old 06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
here is the first rep I spoke to. FYI: She was informed she was being recorded.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
..... AVS Media Demo ..... .... AVS Media Demo ....

Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by RecoRepo
..... AVS Media Demo ..... .... AVS Media Demo ....
Lo I didn't know it did that..... I have not listened to it since I converted it. Oops

Old 06-13-2012, 12:50 AM
well so far I have had 407 hits to my ecobust videos. maybe this will get fords attention.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 AM
make that 626

Old 06-18-2012, 03:34 PM
This sucks! I totally understand your frustration, and anger. If it were me, and I needed my truck for towing every weekend, I would demand a loaner from my dealer until my truck was completely fixed. Its either that or a new truck. But, there is no way I would just live with it for a month or two. It's your dealers obligation and responsibility to provide you with service and keep you happy. They should work with Ford for you. I empathize, and hope you get satisfactory resolution soon.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:47 PM
ok so far 2433 people have watched the videos, keep clicking guys!

Originally Posted by F150 Man 4Eva
This sucks! I totally understand your frustration, and anger. If it were me, and I needed my truck for towing every weekend, I would demand a loaner from my dealer until my truck was completely fixed. Its either that or a new truck. But, there is no way I would just live with it for a month or two. It's your dealers obligation and responsibility to provide you with service and keep you happy. They should work with Ford for you. I empathize, and hope you get satisfactory resolution soon.

I am not working with the dealer I bought it from, only a dealer i am taking it to for service, the dealer I bought it from is too far away to be taking it to once a week.

99% of the time the dealer gives you a loaner it is because it was okayed with Ford, Ford will not ok it as you will hear in the 10 minute video. I have spoken to about 10 reps up from the girl you hear in the video and everyone of them say the same thing..

I have filed suit against for for these issues. They dont want to listen to me i will make them listen, unfortunately the only person that wins now is my lawyer... If I win the case he will probably end up with a larger portion than I will. I didn't want to file suit all I wanted was a truck I could drive until mine was fixed good enough for me to tow with, I can handle the random crap but I cant handle being broken down and having to have someone come pull a trailer home for me... if ford was to offer to take my truck back right now I would drop the case... I just want them to take the truck back, i dont want to trade it in, I dont want to have any part in selling this POS to anyone... It would make me happy to see it crushed into a little square (after i get my wheels off)..

Old 06-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That sux....

I wish you the best of luck!

Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O m f g

I don't know how you stayed on the phone with her.
I would have driven the truck right into the show room floor. I would have made sure to park it on top of her desk.
And then I would calmly walk away while whistling an upbeat tune of sorts.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Man I dont know how you kept you cool for 10mins+ on the phone with her telling you the same thing over and over I would have been screaming and yelling like there was no tomorrow,but thats the jarhead in me. Its as if she wasnt understanding that your only towing an 800lb trailer.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by malexander52
I don't know how you stayed on the phone with her.
I would have driven the truck right into the show room floor. I would have made sure to park it on top of her desk.
And then I would calmly walk away while whistling an upbeat tune of sorts.
This woman does not work for the dealership, she is the regional customer service rep for my area. I don't know where her desk is lol...

Quick Reply: Limp Mode?? I am really starting to get angry! Dang eCo!