What's your exhaust setup??

Old 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's your exhaust setup??

So I'm looking to spend some money on my truck. I may level it, may not. Not sure yet. Anyway, I would like a better sound. I have a 4.2L V6 so I'm afraid it will sound like a 'rice burner'. I hear glasspacks are a no and flowmasters aren't bad. Magnaflow is apparently the best. I was thinking y-pipes or a side exhaust. What I really want is a deeper, beefier sound. What are yalls suggestions.

And what gas do yall use in your trucks? I usually get the cheap stuff but I don't think I will anymore.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:42 PM
I was also thinking replacing the cats with straight pipes.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Don't run high octane in a stock engine. Its just wasting money.
Your engine doesn't have enough compression or timing to utilize the extra octane.

My personal opinion is that a v6 sounds like crap with a loud muffler on it, and taking the cats off would make it even worse. I would not put a straight through muffler on it of any brand. I would go with maybe a turbo style muffler like a Dyno max super turbo or something like that. It will have a deeper tone to it, but won't be obnoxious

Old 01-29-2013, 12:42 AM
I think I'm just gonna leave it alone. I've watched some videos and some sound good and others sound bad. I don't wanna take the risk that it sounds stupid.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Straight pipes FTW. Sounds like I diesel, trust me, I'd know

Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by 2001_4.2
Straight pipes FTW. Sounds like I diesel, trust me, I'd know
You took the muffler out and put in straight pipes? Left the cats in? You got a video or sound clip somewhere? I've thought about cutting the exhaust back so it fits in front of the rear tire. I've always wanted a diesel but to expensive. Did it effect your mileage any? And what about cost? Expensive to do. Sorry for all the questions my man. Where did you get the supercharger at? Kinda want one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's your exhaust setup??