Ecoboost Bullydog Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wittom
Oh yeah? How many bails of hay, or cords of wood are you going to haul in this one?

Your dog is not a machine. Trucks are durable machines, with solid platforms and often with strong drivetrains. They are often much cheaper than vehicles more commonly associated with drag racing. They are the perfect platform for thoes of us who cannot afford the sports or mucsle car to have some fun.

You might not want your truck to have good performance, but many do.
truck being the perfect platform, hardly. But either way to each his own. Adding silly tunes or intakes does nothing in the grand scheme but slowly leak money out of your wallet and potentially create failures that your warranty is going be slammed into your face with. Im not against modding, but to be realistic if you want HP you need to go internals, headers, forced induction. Silly cookie cutter tunes and chit are just gimicks, unless you are adding a professional tune to headers, etc.

Last edited by nards444; 12-20-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah? How many bails of hay, or cords of wood are you going to haul in this one?

Your dog is not a machine. Trucks are durable machines, with solid platforms and often with strong drivetrains. They are often much cheaper than vehicles more commonly associated with drag racing. They are the perfect platform for thoes of us who cannot afford the sports or mucsle car to have some fun.

You might not want your truck to have good performance, but many do.
. Right! It's worthless.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by acadianabob
. Right! It's worthless.
Wrong! Very useful.

Much more trunk space, and payload capacity, than a Mustang. Faster than most Mustangs of it's era, and cheaper than the ones that were faster. Tows much better than a Mustang. Is as comfortable and as much fun to drive as a Mustang. So why would someone who wants performance and wants a truck get a Mustang, when of the many configurations that Ford offerd their F150 in, they offered a "sport" truck configuration as well?

You can't get a Lightning anymore, but Ford offers many configurations still. Some of thoes configurations offer a great platform to realize some of the performance attributes that the Lightning had. Like I said, maybe not something that you're interested in, but thankfully for people who are, a choice.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Wrong! Very useful.

Much more trunk space, and payload capacity, than a Mustang. Faster than most Mustangs of it's era, and cheaper than the ones that were faster. Tows much better than a Mustang. Is as comfortable and as much fun to drive as a Mustang. So why would someone who wants performance and wants a truck get a Mustang, when of the many configurations that Ford offerd their F150 in, they offered a "sport" truck configuration as well?

You can't get a Lightning anymore, but Ford offers many configurations still. Some of thoes configurations offer a great platform to realize some of the performance attributes that the Lightning had. Like I said, maybe not something that you're interested in, but thankfully for people who are, a choice.

I hate mustangs anyway dime a dozen. But try handling corners and such with a F150 lol. Like I said your choice but sports car and F150 Ill take the sports car.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by nards444
I hate mustangs anyway dime a dozen. But try handling corners and such with a F150 lol. Like I said your choice but sports car and F150 Ill take the sports car.
Merry Christmas!

I think that Mustangs are pretty damn cool personally. I think that there are so many of them because a lot of people think that they are pretty damn cool.

I can assure you, that '04 Lightning handled quite well. I find that the '11 F150 that I currently own is quite stable. I believe that there were some significant improvements in handling statring in '04.

I'm not really talking about "sports cars" here. More like muscle cars. I don't think that anyone would expect their F150 to be a viable alternative for a sports car, but they are well suited for some muscle. Thankfully for the people would would like to reach the potential of the F150 there is a vast aftermarket, and in the case of the EcoBoost, vehicle manufacturers who are producing what people want.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I kept hoping I would eventually read some discussion about the actual thread topic, but alas, it's the same old argument we have every single time someone mentions the word 'performance' and 'truck' in the same thread.

Get over yourselves already. There are people that buy trucks simply to haul hay and there are people that buy trucks to haul some *** too. Why do you all argue so much about the same topics over and over and over.....??

Old 12-28-2011, 02:49 PM
^ I agree. Why not have best of both worlds? Haul *** when you want and have truck capabilities. It's great to have it all in one package. Less registration, insurance, maintenance, etc.. than having two seperate vehicles.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Back on topic

I'd like to see performance results from those who have the tuner, preferable drag strip numbers if possible. The early posts were informative & I'm wondering if Bully has refined the tunes. Any satisfied users out there?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:39 PM
75% of the posts in this thread should be deleted.
Has anybody installed the bullydog yet?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by noflyzone
75% of the posts in this thread should be deleted.
Has anybody installed the bullydog yet?
Probably not they don't want to kiss their warranty good by!!!

Old 04-02-2012, 11:42 AM
glc
Received 760 Likes on 704 Posts
Leave the Bullydogs to the diesel guys - their gas tuners suck.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acadianabob
Oh, I've had tunes on naturally aspirated engines too. But turbo engines are a different thing entirely. Go on some other forums and see what has happened with turbo tunes. Check the diesel forums, stretched headbolts, blown gaskets, yadda, yadda. And tuners have a poor track record with the Taurus SHO as well. Check it out for yourself. Ford is not going to tolerate tuners and allow you to keep your drivetrain warranty.
Um do you actually visit the SHO forums? Livernois has an excellent reputation and I would pick them over bullydog anyday. Unleash tuning does excellent work too. I dont know of any SHO motor that has popped due to a tune from either company. Hennessy blew one up but they are idiots anyway.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 PM
I'll let you know Friday when it gets here ordered one today from autoanything paid 336 shipping included.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by TX Chris
I kept hoping I would eventually read some discussion about the actual thread topic, but alas, it's the same old argument we have every single time someone mentions the word 'performance' and 'truck' in the same thread.

Get over yourselves already. There are people that buy trucks simply to haul hay and there are people that buy trucks to haul some *** too. Why do you all argue so much about the same topics over and over and over.....??
haha I just caught this thread. 6 months after being posted ,and yea there is some great info here ,some fact fiction opinions too.. y. question IS ???

has anybody actually tried the bullydog yet? I see the guy from cali has an edge on his ecoboost. any input ?

far as the political debate in here , a car is a car . a truck is a truck. I want my truck to perform better ,that's what modification are for. just like that 450 hp LS2. now the whole warranty argument think it was wittom on pg.2 .
ecoboost is a relatively new motor , I'm sure dealerships could void warranties if a drivetrain fails due to the tune,because they don't wana lose that reputation they are dominating the industry. That's why you flash the PCM yourself, back to stock, every time before servicing. Yea techs can check the parameters and engine history in todays motors. I guess it's all a risk you gota take if you're willing ; and in the ecoboosts case ,keeping up with the supercharged guys with a few simple bolt ons

wonder what it runs in the 1/4?

Old 07-19-2012, 01:02 PM
So I've been lurking around this forum for a while but this thread has made me join. I am a new 2012 F150 EB owner (two weeks now). I'm looking into a tune to get the gas mileage I was originally promised. There are no emission laws in my state and so I figure if I find a way to strip out all the emissions limitations then I could gain gas mileage and horsepower.

Now to my point, I bought from the dealership that "lends" bullydog brand new ecoboosts to develope their software. I'm not even sure that my Ecoboost wasn't used to make the bullydog software what it is. (my truck had 150 miles on it brand new on the lot) So if ford is voiding warranties for tuners, how can this dealership lend trucks to bullydog for the sole purpose of testing their tuners?

Quick Reply: Ecoboost Bullydog Tuner