Maintinence?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintinence?

I have a '99 f-150 v6 4X2 with about 95,000 on it. I was just wondering what type of maintinence should be done. ( I bought it used so I don't have a manual).

I do keep up with most of the mantinence such as oil changes< coolant changes. I have also recently changes the rear end fluid, clutch fluid, and tranny fluid.

What else needs to be done? Belts? which ones? steering fluid? other fluids? anything I am not thinking of?

Old 09-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Plugs; go back with factory Motorcraft.Wires,your choice.Front wheel bearings need to be packed.Brake fluid flush.P/S flush.Serpentine belt;go back with a Gator belt. Clean your throttle body with a TB CLEANER ONLY! Use a soft bristle toothbrush to help clean the heavy deposits in there. Clean the MAF sensor.Clean the IAC if the engine idles rough.Lube all hinges with a white lithium grease.Spray a shot of WD-40 in the door latch mechanisms to prevent the light switches from sticking.Change the fuel filter.Pull the rubber strip from the bottom of the radiator and clean out the debris collected in there.Spray your radiator fins from the engine side to blow all debris out the front of the radiator.Grease any zerks on the suspension and any u-joints. Dayum,now i'm tired!

Old 09-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks that helps alot.... this is going to be a fun saturday.... ugh.... shouldn't take too long though

Old 09-15-2004, 08:40 PM
dasmaz81,

You may benefit from a shop manual. I certainly have. I have a Haynes manual for all of my vehicles. It works well for me. Consider that our a Chiltons whichever you prefer.

Happy maintaining!

Hunt4Fun

Quick Reply: Maintinence?