FS/FT: 99 Expedition for sale

Title in hand!

located in clinton, ms
email me at offroader1994 at yahoo dot com
asking $3500 OBO or possibly trade for:
93 or newer Ford Ranger 4x4
87-96 Full size Bronco
Or possibly an import extended cab pickup or SUV

I have a 1999 Ford Expedition for sale. It is an XLT model with 221k miles on it. 5.4L with the heavy duty transmission (compared to the one in the 4.6 trucks).

Motor was replaced with a crate unit at around 150k miles according to the previous owner. Truck runs great! Uses no oil. No leaks. No smoke whatsoever. Has LOTS of power! TOWS GREAT even being lowered!!!

It has been well kept. I bought at 190k miles about a year and a half ago and have kept the oil changed every 3-4k miles (can provide record of that). Installed new springs, shocks, upper ball joints, and dealer alignment at 195k miles. I had the transmission serviced at 200k with new fuel filter and K&N stock replacement air filter at that time as well. New bearings in the last month on front with brake pads. Lower balljoints still tight. All u joints are tight.

AC blows cold. Rear AC works properly. Towing package with brake controller not a year old, professionally installed at Jacknifed trailer sales in Pearl, MS. Tilt. Cruise. Power windows. Rear hatch shocks work properly. 3rd row seat. First and second row seats are out of 2002 expedition limited and match the third row seat almost exactly. Factory radio and 6 disc CD changer and "premium" sound system still sounds great! Lights are dim in radio but will swap out for other factory radio that works properly. Center console. Auxilary 12v plug ins.

Factory aluminum wheels shown not included. Will come with factory steel wheels. no centercaps.

Aftermarket items/ mods I have done:
Flaky chrome trim has been removed from the side of the truck.
Late model black covers installed on mirror. New OEM items.
Lowering kit done right:
Bell Tech 3" lowered springs in front with alignment kit
Bell Tech 2" lowered springs in rear for a nice forward rake and level towing
Bell Tech shocks all around

I have a painted grill that goes with it if you want to install it to move towards the blacked out look I started on.

The bad:
An occasional shudder at around 50mph. Don’t know what causes this but has been doing since day 1 that we owned it. hasn’t gotten worse. In fact it doesn’t do it as bad as it did when we got it.
Will possibly need a windshield before inspected again. was just inspected so you have about 11 months left but now has rock pecks and a crack or two.
Will need tires in the next 10k miles.
Cruise quit working the other day.
Paint is faded. Couple tears and stains in the interior. Nothing major and could possibly be cleaned up. Hasn’t bothered us enough to worry about it.

All in all it is a GREAT truck and VERY DEPENDABLE. I would not hesitate to drive it across country right now if I had to. It has been driven every day since we bought it.

center caps have fallen off since this pic. lol

Last edited by Joe S.; 09-27-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump for trade options...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 Expedition for sale