Help me configure my dream truck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2000, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help me configure my dream truck!

Okay everyone - help me configure my dream truck! I want to determine invoice and retail for all the goodies I want, using kelley blue book as a guide (kbb.com). I got confused on a few options/configurations, so I need your expertise. Listed below is everything I want; help me find the item codes and pricing to configure it correctly according to kbb.com.

F150 XLT styleside supercab 4WD 139" w.b.
5.4 L V8 engine, automatic transmission (is this engine going to leak oil?).
3.55 limited slip rear axle.
Off-Road package.
Towing package.
4-wheel ABS.
Front bench seat, with power driver's seat.
Keyless entry.
Stereo w/ in-dash CD.
Push-button transfer for 4WD.
Sliding rear window.
Metallic silver exterior color.
Graphite interior color (which is better looking, dark or medium?)

Thanks in advance for your help! Any additional comments/recommendations are also welcome.

UtahBrian

Old 03-03-2000, 12:17 AM
Just a couple of notes. Make sure you get the splash guards (if you do live in utah that is). Which tires/wheels? I would go with the medium interior. I have heard the dark is almost black & the darker the color the hotter the cab & seats will get in the sun. Maybe add cabs steps too.

Also you can checkout www.vehix.com they have good online pricing & info.

p.s. since you didn't answer last time I asked =]
Are you a guy named Brian living in UTah? if so what part?

------------------
quzax@my-f150.com
My-F150.com (coming soon)

Old 03-03-2000, 03:10 PM
www.tundra.com is a semiconductor manufacturer. try www.toyota.com/tundra or don't try it at all since we all know you really want the f150 =].

Also another site I thought of for configuring cars www.carsdirect.com you can configure the car & buy it online if you want. I have found their configurator to work perfectly.

------------------
quzax@my-f150.com

Old 03-03-2000, 05:02 PM
Sorry I was being sarcastic.

Old 03-04-2000, 12:03 AM
Sorry, hard to catch sarcasm through text =]

------------------
quzax@my-f150.com

Old 03-04-2000, 12:43 AM
www.tundra.com, if you're still interested.

Old 03-04-2000, 04:32 PM
Hey UtahBrian, do you still need some help configuring your XLT dream truck? If so, what year are you looking at? I can give you a hand if you need some help. Also have a few good recommondations!

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat 4x2 Supercab, Styleside,SB,Amazon Green/Clearcoat Metallic,5.4 Liter V8, Class III Tow-Package,3.55 Limited Slip Rear,Bug Deflector, Duraliner Bedliner,Superchip,K&N Filter, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve.

Old 03-04-2000, 06:27 PM
With the money you save from NOT buying a Toyota you can put some aftermarket goodies like a Superchip, wood/carbon fiber dash kits, Grill guard,... to name a few.

I would take the cheap tires from Ford (235's???) and buy some 32" or 33" tires. If its possible.

------------------
1997 4x4 XLT 4.2l ORP 5-speed
For more details and pics please see my site...Thanks
www.eph1fifty.cjb.net

Old 03-06-2000, 11:15 AM
Enough sarcasm - I really would like some help with the codes and pricing! I would like to configure a 2000 F-150 (You can't order a 2001 yet, can you?)

quzak - yes, my name is Brian, and I live in Utah.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Old 03-06-2000, 06:26 PM
Hey UtahBrian,
I see quzax and BlueFlareside already gave you a hand with your dream truck. Just a little something to help you out even further is to visit this site www.fightingchance.com .... it's great and helped me out immensley. I saved thousands of $$$$ ordering their packet and it's not expensive at all! You tell them what you're interested in (2000 F-150) and they send you a packet with information on your dream truck, along with the invoice sheet, what to look for, how to present yourself, making offers, what the dealers holdback is.... for example Ford dealers get a 3% holdback which is in the invoice price the manufactures pay them. It will definately help you out on your purchase of a new truck. I went in and ordered my 2000 Lariat $300.00 over invoice in a matter of 30 minutes!

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat 4x2 Supercab, Styleside,SB,Amazon Green/Clearcoat Metallic,5.4 Liter V8, Class III Tow-Package,3.55 Limited Slip Rear,Bug Deflector, Duraliner Bedliner,Superchip,K&N Filter, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve.

Old 03-06-2000, 07:25 PM
Cool

UtahBrian, You can also check www.edmunds.com . Thay also list all options and standard equipment including retail and invoice price's. This is how I bought my truck also printed out all info and configured my truck on Ford's website and printed the window sticker. Took it all to the dealership and told them, this is the truck I want and I will pay $200.00 over invoice. Out the door in less than an hour with my dream truck on order at my price.
Good luck,
Jeff

------------------
1999 F150 Lariat
Reg cab Short box Styleside
5.4L 3.55ls
Deep Wedgwood Blue/Silver
Lund Interceptor hood shield, VentVisors, Class III hitch, Ford molded mud guards, soft tonneau, factory CD with changer (thanks Dusty), tinted windows, Factory fog light kit

Menasha, WI

http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...ton54home.html

Old 03-06-2000, 09:30 PM
Talking

Thanks everyone!

When you guys ordered your trucks, did they ask you to pay a deposit or anything? And what is the lead time on an ordered truck?

UtahBrian

Old 03-06-2000, 09:34 PM
Talking

Thanks everyone!

When you guys ordered your trucks, did they ask you to pay a deposit or anything? And what is the lead time on an ordered truck?

UtahBrian

Old 03-06-2000, 09:58 PM
When I ordered mine in January, they seemed fairly flexible about the deposit. I paid $300 on my CC for a 2000 Lariat 4x4 (total price ~29000).

As for the lead time, I ordered mine 1-22-00 and it's in the computer as "scheduled" for next Monday (3-13-00). I'm not sure if that's a build date or delivery date. The dealer claims it's delivery, but looking over his sheet of "incoming" trucks it seems they're all arriving 1-2 weeks after their "scheduled" date. From what I've heard about shipping times, this would make 3-13-00 a build date. Anybody know for sure?

Anyway, as you might have read elsewhere by now, you're probably best off going to the fleet sales manager at your dealership to get the best (and easiest) deal. I was offered a price below invoice with *no* negotiating required.

--Ryan

Old 03-06-2000, 11:05 PM
Hey UtahBrian,
You're quite welcome! I put $500 down as a deposit.... that's what they asked for. It's normal to pay anywhere from $500 to $1000 and basically it's a show of good faith, letting the dealer know you're not going to go some place else. The total cost on my 2000 Lariat including a bug deflector and bed liner, tax and licensing out the door was $26,000.

------------------

Quick Reply: Help me configure my dream truck!