May '15 Featured member: CentralCali559

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Please lets have a warm welcome to our second featured member (May 2015) CentralCali559

< If anyone has a nomination please PM or Email me the suggestion(s) >

Hey everyone, my screen name is CentralCali559 but my real name is Ernesto and I own a 2001 Ford F-150 XLT. This was my first vehicle and it has tremendous sentimental value to me because it was my dad’s truck before he passed away from cancer in 2007. Over the years I have made some modifications with the enormous help from members on this forum. When I was deployed to Afghanistan I remember spending any free time I had browsing the forum for ideas/help on things I wanted to do when I got home lol. I still have huge plans for this truck once it is not my daily driver. The biggest change I want is a new crate V8 engine with a turbo on it to really make some power because this 4.2 V6 just doesn’t move this truck fast enough.

Exterior Mods: that I have done include: Lowering the truck with a 2/4 kit with new KYB shocks, PTM grille surround, PTM top bumper pad, PTM mirror covers and PTM tailgate handle. I have Lightning headlights with clear lightning corners. My truck did not come with fog lights but I saw that the wiring was in place already so I put a 2000 expedition valance with fogs/ no tow hooks and put clear Depo fog lights. Then I bought an OEM headlight switch that had the fog light feature and it worked. I’m running The Retrofit Source HID 6K kit and love the quality. I have the 5th PATMAN grille signed by the man himself lol. I have 2009-2014 F150 badges on it as well. I removed the side moldings to clean up the look. The back window along with the 2 side windows on the back doors have 5% limo tint, the 2 front windows have 15% tint and the windshield is tinted 50% with a 5% brow. I replaced the tail lights with some red smoke LED tail lights and the reverse bulbs with extremely bright LED bulbs. The third brake light is an LED brake light off a Ford Lightning. I will be picking up some 6K VLED switchbacks soon for my turn signals.

Interior mods include: With the help of members I did the expedition console mod and its one of my favorite things that I have done to the truck!!! I have two 10 inch massive audio subs under my backseat with a massive audio 1000W 2 channel amp to power them. I’m running Rockford Fosgate Power mids and highs in my door panels with a Rockford Fosgate Power 400W 4 channel amp to power them. I have also replaced all the light bulbs to white LEDs. Future plans include removing the backseat to put a box with three 12 inch subwoofers, leather seat covers from Katzkin, and a sunroof.

Performance mods: are short because it’s a V6 but they include: Flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust that is dumped under the cab with a 5 inch tip. I also replaced the battery with an Optima yellow top. The rest of the mods are: a cold air intake from Airaid, a throttle body spacer, and a programmer from JET performance to finish it off. The truck has a viper alarm/remote start system with a 2 way pager that has a one mile radius.

Before:

Interior:

After:

Old 05-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
That is a beauty! Plus, the truck means a connection with your father. I can really appreciate that. I have some tools my father used and every time I use them, I think of him. You have done a great job of not just maintaining the truck but tastefully improving it.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good - nice job with the console!

Old 05-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Looks really good Brother! Thank you so much for all you've done for our country and protecting the freedoms we take for granted! I know your Father is very proud of you and so are we! Takes me back to my 2002 XLT I had for many years. Love what you've done so far and can't wait to see what you're going to do next!

Old 05-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bluejay
That is a beauty! Plus, the truck means a connection with your father. I can really appreciate that. I have some tools my father used and every time I use them, I think of him. You have done a great job of not just maintaining the truck but tastefully improving it.
Thank you!!! It was very sudden that my family got the news of cancer. I was in boot camp at the time and my family didn't tell me until I graduated boot camp. The Army didn't let me come home until he was on his death bed. But I will never sell that truck. It has 123,XXX miles on it and runs great. It's only a V6 but once it's no longer my daily driver it's gonna get a turbocharged V8 😁

Old 05-20-2015, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by fx4orum
Looks good - nice job with the console!
Thank you!!! I really love that mod!! We had a 2000 expedition and I envied the console in that SUV. This forum really helped me out.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jesusfrk
Looks really good Brother! Thank you so much for all you've done for our country and protecting the freedoms we take for granted! I know your Father is very proud of you and so are we! Takes me back to my 2002 XLT I had for many years. Love what you've done so far and can't wait to see what you're going to do next!
Thank you for the kind words sir! And thanks for the support. For the moment it's gonna stay the same. But in the future it's gonna get a new paint job, along with the new engine. The interior will get some leather as well.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:36 AM
First, thank you for your service to our country....second, congrats....the truck looks great and glad you were able to keep it, make it yours, and have something tangible to remember your dad by.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great looking truck man! Very nice and clean 10th gen.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking great as always Ernesto! Hope you're doing good!

Old 05-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by taxreliever
First, thank you for your service to our country....second, congrats....the truck looks great and glad you were able to keep it, make it yours, and have something tangible to remember your dad by.
Thank you. I try and keep it in tip top shape. And now it's garaged at all times.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by tg150
Great looking truck man! Very nice and clean 10th gen.
Thank you. 10th gen is one of my favorite body styles.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by coobies5
Looking great as always Ernesto! Hope you're doing good!
Hey Eric!! Thanks brotha. Yessir can't complain. And just spending money on the F250 like always as you can tell on my Instagram. Hope you're doing well also. And you're truck was an inspiration to me.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:50 AM
Nice truck

Quick Reply: May '15 Featured member: CentralCali559