Tranny Temp Gauge installed

Old 05-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny Temp Gauge installed

I ordered the wrong fittings on my Autogauge tranny temp manifold....duh. We are going to tow 600 mi. round trip starting monday. So I just had him mount the sending unit in the pan. Gives me an excuse to get a better pan some day. I also had him install a drain prug. Driving around town today it finally got above 140 and hit 145. Never did go any higher. I kind of figured it would at least be 160 maybe. Anyways I guess cooler is better to a certain extent. BTW it is a mechanical gauge. I'll get back and report how she did on the first big tow.

Old 05-31-2002, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well we just got back from a 400mi. round trip Albuquerque to Red River, NM. My tranny temp hit 180 at one point on the way up and hit 190 on the last hill (within 10 miles from home.) I guess I need to figure out what my next step is. Bigger aux. Trans cooler, Synth fluid, deeper pan, fan or aux cooler. I had planned on taking some of the tougher routes in CO (Silverton-Ouray) this summer so I guess I need to do more. BTW handling and braking were fine and I actually went to OD on the long declines and hit 70! I know a lot of folks would say that is too fast but this was on the interstate and it just felt right. I was by no means pushing it, I really felt in control at all times. Even when the simi’s passed at 80+.

My long range plan is to upgrade the truck but we are talking 2 years or so. So for now……

typo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tranny Temp Gauge installed