2019 F150 Transmission problems/Timing chain tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 F150 Transmission problems/Timing chain tensioner

I ordered a 2019 Lariat F150 that I got right after xmas 2018, its been in the shop 6 times now with transmission problems. Replaced the valve body twice, had two transmission leaks now. So bad one day I driving home on an interstate, and a powertrain failure came up on the screen running 75mph, thought I was going to get ran over in traffic, truck started slowing down and would go, then shifted erratically all the way home. Next morning I had transmission fluid all over the underside and my garage floor. Ford dealer said Ford is sending them a new transmission. I';ve owned nothing but Ford Trucks and I am done. These transmissions are a huge let down. My fuel mileage is horrible too. 13-14 in town. The best on the high way is 18. I also have a squeal coming from the front of the Engine, Ford is aware of this and said its a timing chain tensioner, but they don't have a repair for it yet.

I'm done with this truck, I'm sure Ford is going to fight me on this. Keep everyone updated.
Please share any similar issues please.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Interesting. Keep us posted.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1019 F150 transmission issue

SO, truck has been in the shop for over two weeks now, I called yesterday, the service manager wasn't there and the other guy working, just told me they are putting a new transmission in. I said yes I already know that, it was suppose to be done over a week ago, and I hadn't heard anything.
I think Ford needs to reimburse me for the amount of time this truck has been in the shop.

Anyone else having transmission issues? And/or timing chain tensioner?

Quick Reply: 2019 F150 Transmission problems/Timing chain tensioner