Trans or Torque problems ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 08:10 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
He verified what we have been telling him. "Sporadic misfire in one cylinder"

That's exactly what we we said and it's not a transmission issue.

D

Old 04-16-2019, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Darrin Burch
He verified what we have been telling him. "Sporadic misfire in one cylinder"

That's exactly what we we said and it's not a transmission issue.

D
Who verified what???? the quote notations messed up I never came up with any misfire at all and Im still betting it s the torque converter and Im not going through a tear down and put a new torque converter on a trans with 150,000 so Im going to put in a remanufactured trans.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by mudpup
Who verified what???? the quote notations messed up I never came up with any misfire at all and Im still betting it s the torque converter and Im not going through a tear down and put a new torque converter on a trans with 150,000 so Im going to put in a remanufactured trans.
Well please let us know how it turns out. I just hate to see you wasting that money.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by mudpup
So if you don't have $700, how are you paying to replace the transmission?

$700 is way too much to have someone read codes. Find a better mechanic who won't t rape your wallet. Or invest in your own equipment.

My mechanic visually examined the truck on the rack, and found nothing wrong. Then she hooked up a laptop, went for a test drive, and analyzed the datalog. Sporadic misfire in one cylinder.

.The $700 is because the truck would have to be towed over 100 miles dropped off and then a second trip to be towed home
The same test your mechanic done has already been done truck passed 0 misfires all 8 cylinders. also I didnt say I dont have the 700 I said it would be cheaper to replace the transmission.
I'm sorry. You apparently quoted someone else without actually putting what they said in quotes. So when I read what you posted, I thought it was what YOU posted. I haven't been reading the replies from anyone except for from Mark and you because we are trying to help you.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The tech describes how a misfire is misdiagnosed as a transmission issue. Different car. Same idea.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**********UPDATE*************
Whew finally got it done took almost a month to find and get the transmission I wanted.Then while I had everything tore out I decided it would be a good time to redu the undercoat. also I replaced the factory trans cooler with a Hayden Automotive 679 Rapid-Cool Plate and Fin Transmission Cooler .
after replacing the transmission and torque converter the truck runs like new. Downshifts better feels like the motor has double the power and MOST of all the dreaded vibration is GONE GONE thank God its GONE.

Quick Reply: Trans or Torque problems ?