2013 Ecoboost 6R80 Transmission Major Issues!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Ecoboost 6R80 Transmission Major Issues!

Been having some issues with the transmission so I pulled the pan, flushed the system (fluid was dark and had some metallic contamination). I pulled the valve body (they refer to it as the main control) assembly out. I disassembled it, inspected everything, meticulously cleaned it, replaced all of the clips and the end pistons, reassembled with new mid-plate and reinstalled into the truck following the EXACT dealer procedure in my purchased dealer FSM/repair manual, torque specs and torque sequence, etc. This all started when the orange light flashed and the truck started shaking violently like it was shuttering the TCC at a high frequency. When I cycled the key, the orange wrench light was no longer there and it would drive again but started having the TCC slipping issues and erratic shifting, flare ups, locking the TCC too much on decel and almost stalling, etc.

The symptoms are still there. The symptoms have changed slightly but still are mostly the same. It doesn't really know when to shift, is very inconsistent and seems to be hunting and slipping the TCC inappropriately. I do not have a Ford IDS to clear adaptive trans tables (it is non-violatile RAM and pulling battery cable does not accomplish this) but I have a higher level scanning device that can pull a lot of codes beyond the PCM codes. I pulled the following codes today:

U0151
U0140
U0452
U0131
U0100
U0114
U0155

All of which have to do with lost communication with various modules. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and or codes? I am not receiving and TCM codes with my scanner so I am at a loss right now. There is a Ford representative on here right? Could a full re-flash of the powertrain modules and drive cycle relearn resolve this? Anyone?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:00 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
The Ford rep seems to have lost interest, haven't seen them post in at least a year. All they do anyway is tell you to go see a dealer, if you need further help, then contact them.

Is your powertrain warranty expired?