Moved from az.to calif need transmission help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moved from az.to calif need transmission help

I have a 2001 super crew 4x4 5.4. it came with a 4r70w that burnt up ,couldn't handle the loads, so I put in a e40d out of a 98 expedition..the only difference in the wireing was everything .so I got the tranny harness out of a 2001 f150 4x4 . now the only difference is,the harness for the 2001 has 2 sensors 1 for speed sensor on the output shaft the other 1 is for the turbine speed..the 98 e40d has only 1 output sensor for the speedo no turbine.i was living in az. at the time and my truck ran on propane so emissions dosent check the computer they run it on the rollers so no spedo wasent a problem ..now I'm trying to regester it in calif. and they don't do rollers and I had to take off my propane (it wasent c.a.r.b. approved.made me go see a referee) he read the comp. no spedo wont let the reddyness test complete .. so what I'm asking is can I wire in the spedo plug to the turbine plug ....or does anybody have any ideas ? I'm pulling my hair out I have 2 weeks left on my temp tag

Old 02-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of the news you don't want to hear. The computer in that 01 cant run the E4OD

Why did you change? I have customers that are running over 1000hp through the 4R70W transmissions when they are put together right.

D

Old 02-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well its called it was the only option im takeing care of my mother who has pancreatic cancer and well there is no money .i was doing the best i could at the time free traney drove it for 2 years moved to cali and smog hooked up to my computer it says that no signal from vss and that wont let it finish the readiness test so no registration till i get something.. and this tranny compared to the stock 1 there is no comp. this bigger trans is perfact for my use or if i could afford it the 4r100 ..thank you for your input got any ideas on tricking the comp for the vss?

Old 02-20-2017, 08:58 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Go back and register it in Arizona..........