TCC Solenoid Circuit Fault in 4R75E transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCC Solenoid Circuit Fault in 4R75E transmission

Hi all,

I need some guidance if anyone can provide it.

2008 F-150 SCrew 5.4L
158k miles
Transmission type Q - 4R75E

codes:
P0740 - Torque Converter Clutch Control Solenoid circuit fault
P0743 - Torque Converter Clutch Control Solenoid circuit indicated the solenoid as on (low voltage) when requested OFF.

The truck was driving fine even with the codes but it just started slipping after about 150 miles since codes started........I couldn't address this sooner because of Christmas.

So, Ford wants $682 just to replace the solenoid. If it ends up needing the internal Solenoid Wiring Harness the bill goes up by another $500.
$1200 total.

So here is my question. Ford says they need to drop the Trans Valve Body to get to the Solenoid wiring harness. Does anyone know if this is true?
I can't find much info about this on this site or anywhere else on the internet.....sorry if it's here and I missed it.

Also does anyone happen to know the part codes for the 4R75E parts?
1) TCC Solenoid
2) trans filter
3) TCC Solenoid wiring harness

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!!!!

Old 12-31-2015, 08:31 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Shouldn't cost that much. I can't find anything out about the part numbers today and I'm sorry I found this so late in the game. I need to see which internal harness you have to know if the valve body needs to be dropped, but I suspect that it does.

D

Old 12-31-2015, 01:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hurricanesc
Hi all,

I need some guidance if anyone can provide it.

2008 F-150 SCrew 5.4L
158k miles
Transmission type Q - 4R75E

codes:
P0740 - Torque Converter Clutch Control Solenoid circuit fault
P0743 - Torque Converter Clutch Control Solenoid circuit indicated the solenoid as on (low voltage) when requested OFF.

The truck was driving fine even with the codes but it just started slipping after about 150 miles since codes started........I couldn't address this sooner because of Christmas.

So, Ford wants $682 just to replace the solenoid. If it ends up needing the internal Solenoid Wiring Harness the bill goes up by another $500.
$1200 total.

So here is my question. Ford says they need to drop the Trans Valve Body to get to the Solenoid wiring harness. Does anyone know if this is true?
I can't find much info about this on this site or anywhere else on the internet.....sorry if it's here and I missed it.

Also does anyone happen to know the part codes for the 4R75E parts?
1) TCC Solenoid
2) trans filter
3) TCC Solenoid wiring harness

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!!!!
those codes and a failed TCC solenoid will NOT cause the transmission to slip. the solenoid only locks and unlocks the torque converter clutch.

IF the transmission is slipping, you have another problem.

Ford did not change the internal wire harness until the 2009 model, so you transmission has the same hard ware harness used from 1998.

the harness is easy enough to replace, but the transmission case connector requires you remove the valve body to remove/replace

http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...-00027391c.htm

Old 08-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Update.

I replaced the solenoid and wire harness. Total job took about 2 hours, with most of that being draining the trans pan while trying not to make a mess.

Now, 17k miles later, all transmission issues are non-existent.
No more slipping or shifting problems.

Old 05-11-2023, 12:02 AM
Tcc

Originally Posted by hurricanesc
Update.

I replaced the solenoid and wire harness. Total job took about 2 hours, with most of that being draining the trans pan while trying not to make a mess.

Now, 17k miles later, all transmission issues are non-existent.
No more slipping or shifting problems.
Spoiler

Quick Reply: TCC Solenoid Circuit Fault in 4R75E transmission