2004 Ford F150 valve body opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Ford F150 valve body opinion

Ok guys. I finally fixed my OD issue on my transmission. Here is my question I need an opinion on. I installed a refurbished valve body which I didn't need. The valve body I replaced was rebuilt with the sonnax kit and is perfectly fine. Would you leave the refurbished one in there or would you swap back to the rebuilt one with the sonnax upgrades ? Either way I plan on selling the one I don't need, just wanting opinions on which valve body to use.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry, thought I answered that pm but guess I didn't.

I guess if you were happier with it that I would install the valve body that actually goes to the truck. I'm not a fan of certain Sonnax parts because, in my opinion, they seem get to a result by attacking a single issue with little or no apparent regard for consequence. Kind of like jumping from one lane to another and straight into a semi while trying to get out of the way of a semi. They could have jumped a different direction and gotten completely off of that road.

I LOVE some of their parts though. A few of their products save me a lot of time and money while offering a perfect solution. I don't use any of their stuff on these valve bodies though.

Using that Sonnax treated valve body shouldn't kill your transmission.

D

Quick Reply: 2004 Ford F150 valve body opinion