Help - Tranny Starting to Slip!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help - Tranny Starting to Slip!

Hey Guys, an old forum member here but have not posted in years.

Yesterday while driving my 2003 F150 SuperCrew with only 82K miles I felt the transmission starting to slip. This is the first time since I’ve owned her have I ever felt this.
What happened is when I was driving at normal speeds, maybe around 25 mph all of the sudden the RPM’s would surge real high but I wasn’t going any faster.
I drove her straight home and parked her. I checked the transmission fluid and all looks ok.

I am a little stressed and really hoping that my transmission is not shot.

Should I take it to a Ford dealer to have it looked at or will a place like Aamco be ok?

Thanks guys.

p.s. what happened to my gallery that was located at https://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?gnum=2443

Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 AM
The trans is on it's last leg. I am going through the same thing right now. Mine started to slip while towing a camper, made it home okay and drive it the next few days but it got worse over the next few days.

I took the truck to AAMACO and they wanted an open check book to rebuild, told me $2k to $3k. Told them to put it back together and I would look around. Found Millenium Transmissions online and ordered a 4R70W with transgo shift kit and HD torque converter for $1477, no tax no freight. They even pay to have the old unit picked back up. I hoep to have the new trans in this weekend.

Good luck, but I think your looking at a rebuild or replacement.

runngt

Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
The old galleries were replaced by new albums over a year ago. Access to the old galleries is now hit or miss, if you can ever get back in, download all your pics while you have an opportunity. You gotta look at the announcements every so often, you sure missed that one.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by runngt
The trans is on it's last leg. I am going through the same thing right now. Mine started to slip while towing a camper, made it home okay and drive it the next few days but it got worse over the next few days.

I took the truck to AAMACO and they wanted an open check book to rebuild, told me $2k to $3k. Told them to put it back together and I would look around. Found Millenium Transmissions online and ordered a 4R70W with transgo shift kit and HD torque converter for $1477, no tax no freight. They even pay to have the old unit picked back up. I hoep to have the new trans in this weekend.

Good luck, but I think your looking at a rebuild or replacement.

runngt
How is your transmission runing? What do you think about the transgo shift kit?

Quick Reply: Help - Tranny Starting to Slip!