1996 f150 4x4 vacuum hose ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 f150 4x4 vacuum hose ?

While under my 1996 4x4 f150 I noticed a rubber hose coming out of the top of the differential and about 18" of hose. On the end is a clip. I never noticed this before. Does this plug in to something? I have manual locking hubs. The universal joints also seem to be making noise. I plow vigorously with this truck as I have a 1/4 mile long driveway in Maine. Tell me where does this hose plug in?

Boneacres

Old 12-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Question front differential hose

I was hoping someone could help me with my problem. The hose that comes out of the top of the front differential might plug into an actuator for brake lines?????? I don't want to just plug it in. please help. If I posted against some rule please let me know. Thanks

Mark ps the name boneacres
derives from the 15 acres
of rock I own... it could
also be thought of as the pain
in my bones from dealing
with them.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:40 PM
I had same question on my 97 Epedition. I your are talking about the front xfr case, it sounds like this is the vent hose. I runs up and attaches witht the clip near the battery compartment. Original equipment had a valve type insert. When I had some work done recently the shop lost this valve and ordered a replacement from Ford. What they sent was a plastic interior button that is inserted in the end of the hose. The button does not completely seal the end of the hose because of channels along the side. It basically allows the xfr case to breath and protects from junk or water from draining back down the tube.
Todd

Old 12-28-2008, 12:56 PM
front differential hose

exp97, Thanks for replying. I am curious if anyone else can concur with EXP97. Only because of the differences between the year and models. 1996 F150 vs 1997 Expedition. It would seem that this is the same and makes a lot of sense but it can't hurt to further investigate.

Quick Reply: 1996 f150 4x4 vacuum hose ?