Throttle Postition Sensor/High Engine Idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Throttle Postition Sensor/High Engine Idle

So this is my problem....The other day my throttle position sensor acted up the other day and cause my engine to idle around 2000rpms. This caused my transmission to shift real weird and out of time. The problem went away once the sensor was replaced. Well last night it started acting up again and cause my truck to idle at 2000rpms in park and neutral. The driving is still fine and there is no problems in the shifts but the truck is still idling at like 2000rpms. Has anyone else had a problem like this???

Old 02-24-2008, 11:50 PM
me.
here are solutions that i got, mines a later model tho.
Check for something coming loose that may have caused a vacuum leak causing the engine computer to not be able to idle properly due to air coming from another source and not through the mass air flow sensor. There might even be a vacuum hose that goes to the tranny so look there also. Also easy check to make sure your throttle cable is not binding and the throttle lever moves freely.
mine idles around 3000RPM and shifts from 1st around 3800RPM

Old 02-24-2008, 11:55 PM
It has only acted up though after playing in the mud some. Its crazy. Like I really don't understand it. Yet it shifts fine. Any certain areas to check??

Old 02-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by ryant.hoover
It has only acted up though after playing in the mud some. Its crazy. Like I really don't understand it. Yet it shifts fine. Any certain areas to check??
dude!!! mine started doing it after i went trail riding and went through some big puddles a little bit fast!!!

weird.....

Old 02-25-2008, 12:48 AM
I did the same thing. Did you replace your throttle position sensor? Does it idle high consistently or does it do it at random?

Old 02-25-2008, 01:03 AM
havent gotten a chance to work on it, does it constantly now.

Quick Reply: Throttle Postition Sensor/High Engine Idle