Transmission cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok after long debate i purchased the derale atomic cooler:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
I appreciate everyone who put input into my decision, but I thought the fan would be beneficial living in southern california with the traffic. Now i have a question regarding whether i should remove and replace the stock cooler with the derale unit. Of if i should go in series with the stock cooler. I have heard the issue of too much pressure drop when hooked in series with the stock unit, and that the derale should be fine on its own. But i would like some input.

And yes i have used the search function extensively. Thank you,
Nick

Old 09-17-2007, 03:44 PM
I would say replace your existing cooler. There will be no need to hook it up inline. The e-fan will help tremendously and you will see huge drops in temp. Congrats on the buy. Good luck!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
I would say replace your existing cooler. There will be no need to hook it up inline. The e-fan will help tremendously and you will see huge drops in temp. Congrats on the buy. Good luck!
I know its about time i finally made a decision... And replacing the existing cooler will make it a lot easier to mount as well. haha. Thanks for the advice.

Also what size fuse did you use to fuse the fan? I was reading to run it straight from the battery, but i'm not sure what size fuse to use.

Last edited by red06f150; 09-17-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Transmission cooler?