TCI® Trans-Scat® Valve Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCI® Trans-Scat® Valve Body Kit

I have a 2003 f150 supercrew with 84,000miles, my tranny code on the sticker is a U. I believe this is a Ford 4R70W transmission.

My tranny feels more sluggish lately and does not downshift as readily. I do not know if this has any correlation to the aftermarker engine mods or not. I have a K&N on the intake, edelbrock headers and a 3" exhaust going through a flowmaster 77. I would like to firm up mu shift points.

Is a valve body kit my best solution. Does anybody have a suggestion about a better kit than the TCI

Thanks

Jesse

Old 06-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Shift kit

I also have been wanting to install a shift kit in my 2000F-150( I also have the AODE4R70W)and after trading e-mails w/ another member(Jbrew)I have decided to install the Transgo shift kit(Summit racing p/n TRG-AODE shift kit)In the post I read,its fairly simple to install and really wakes up the transmission so it shifts and performs like it should,nice firm shifts and extends the life of the trans.I haven't read much about a performance valve body replacement,although at one time I was considering the Factory tech replacement,but the shift kit seems the way to go.I'm going to order mine from Summit simply because they include a video w/ the kit so you can see how everything is done,pretty cool.I tried the tuner to change and firm the shifts in my tranny,but it was not what I wanted, the shift kit is the way to go.If you still want to use the valve body,Troyer has an excellent one its a Factory tech,it will run you about $225.00. I hopes this helps,good luck w/ your trans.which ever way you go.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Transgo

good advise, is that something that a good shop can do during an fluid service. Has anyone notice transmission shifting changes with small horsepower changes.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Shift kit

Jesse,if you don't feel like this is a mod you would want to tackle yourself,I would take my truck to a trans. shop that specializes in performance upgrades,like shift kit installs.If you're not sure ask some of your friends that may have had the mod done to their trans.and ask them who did the work,or call around and ask questions about your particular trans. and if they can do your mod for you.I e-mailed a couple of people that have done this mod and they both tell me the same thing,its easy,the install consists of enlarging some holes in the seperator plate in the valve body,installing new springs in the trans. and putting everything back in the truck.Apperently the worst part of the install is the fluid bath you might get if you're not careful when you remove the valve body.Which ever way you go w/ the install,good luck,let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: TCI® Trans-Scat® Valve Body Kit