Who ever can figure this out...your good

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump in driveline

How exactly does this "bump" you're referring to manifest itself? I've just purchased a '98 XLT 4x4 and at launch I feel a "bump", but unsure of what it is. New rear brakes & new universals....2 days ago for saftey cert. DLR says he'll fix if I can find out what it is...

Steve

Old 04-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Re: Bump in driveline

Originally posted by minimustangs
How exactly does this "bump" you're referring to manifest itself? I've just purchased a '98 XLT 4x4 and at launch I feel a "bump", but unsure of what it is. New rear brakes & new universals....2 days ago for saftey cert. DLR says he'll fix if I can find out what it is...

Steve
Myself, I have no complaint with the condition. It shows up as a slight bump in the driveline due to normal lash when there is a tip in or out, with the converter locked up.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Canoe
I started working at a Ford dealer in 84. In 85 I started bulding transmissions there untill becoming Shop Forman in 94. I still build a few when we get behind. Have done 3 torqueshifts in the past month due to the high volume recall on them. Somewhere in the mid 90's, Ford quit unlocking converters below a certin speed, unless you went to heavy throttal. Dont remember the vss or tp %, or the year they started that, seems like 97 ?, that it unlocks at.
Just from what I read, without being able to test drive, it sounded normal.Back to what I said about the Superduty unlock complaint, I was told by the Ford Tech Hotline, that sensative people were complaining about the bump( in the driveline) when the converter releesed, is the reason the programmimg was changed.

Now since I dont know much about Ford Transmissions, could you please tell me which way the sun gear turns, in 2nd gear of a simpson geartrain?
Haha....owned!

Sorry, could not resist....

Quick Reply: Who ever can figure this out...your good