Epc Solenoid Question

Old 12-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epc Solenoid Question

When you push the button to disengage Overdrive. Does this also increase line pressure? Is this controlled by the EPC.? I ask this because when I lock my 2001 Screw out of O.D. it feels much more responsive and shifts harder on the bottom end.. When you don't press the button to disengage the o.d. it almost feels like the tranny may be slipping a little. It doesn't really feel like a clutch slip, but just seems to hook up better on the bottom end when the o.d. is locked out. I didn't know if by switching out of o.d. if this modified any of the electronic transmission functions and if so will a programmer or chip allow my trans to function and perform like this in the o.d. mode? Also, is this idicative to an ecp, valvebody, trans. wear or anything pointing towards a part faliure.? I had a '65 mustang that took off in 2nd unless you pulled in back one dot to take off in first and there was no way to "rack them off". I didn't know if may there was a little bit of Fomoco heritage and mindset in this generation of transmission engineering.

Ford F-150's Rule.

2001 Screw
5.4 Auto 4x4
3.55LS

Old 12-27-2004, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not aware of any changes to the epc solenoid when od is disengaged. As far as I know it just limits the trans to 3rd gear through the computer.
Alan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Epc Solenoid Question