Towing & Hauling

RV backup cameras... Can I connect to my existing screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RV backup cameras... Can I connect to my existing screen

I bought a new camper and it is "prewired" for a plug 'n play backup camera. It seems that all of backup cameras I can find have their own separate screen. I have a 2012 Supercrew with the in-dash nav/stereo. Is there any way to get a backup camera to run through that so that I don't have to have an additional aftermarket screen in the cab?

Old 12-13-2018, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a2pfunk
I bought a new camper and it is "prewired" for a plug 'n play backup camera. It seems that all of backup cameras I can find have their own separate screen. I have a 2012 Supercrew with the in-dash nav/stereo. Is there any way to get a backup camera to run through that so that I don't have to have an additional aftermarket screen in the cab?
My friend just bought a plug and play cable from a company called NAV-TV that offer that solution. The installation is under the truck bed where the factory camera is connected. Any time he connect the RV to his truck and put in reverse the system bypass the factory camera and it shows the RV camera on the factory radio screen. Nice solution, not sure about the price, but I guess it should be around $150...

Quick Reply: RV backup cameras... Can I connect to my existing screen