F150 Sync and Ipod - switching to FM

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Sync and Ipod - switching to FM

New f150 owner, bought an 2011 Fx4 this week. LOVE the truck, have been chevy guy forever.

Anyway, so my ipod works fine on Sync.

When I turn my truck off for more than a little bit and I get back in, my radio is back on FM. If I hit AUX and go through FM/AM/XM and then to Sync it skips sync. if i wait a few minutes it will eventually go to the Sync option, and THEN i have to switch it back to USB.

I just want it to continue playing USB where it left off from the time before.

If it's a short period of time between me turning off the truck and getting back in it picks back up.

I was just wondering if this is "normal" sync behavior? Or am I going to have to wait, switch it to sync, switch it to usb every time

Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2010 truck did that all the time, and was so frustrating. Never new why and syncmyride website told me it was the ipod, which was stupid.
Also, if i was playing a specific Genre of music and I shut the truck off, and started it again, it would begin playing the song that I was listening to, but then it would only play the album that song came from, so you had to start over every single time you got back in the truck. Again, super frustrating. And, ford said, it was the ipod.

Now I have a 2013 and it is even worse than the 10 was. It all but won't play my ipod at all. It is useless. It won't connect with my iphone half the time, and sometimes it will drop the connection between calls. Horrible.

Quick Reply: F150 Sync and Ipod - switching to FM