Sync died after reset

Old 12-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync died after reset

I have a new 2011 F150 (3 days old). My sync would not respond when I was trying to use the Services. Ford syncmyride assistance had me do a reset which did not work and then pull the fuse for a hard reset. Now nothing works. At least before the phone worked. anyone else have this problem?

Old 12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by sacto
I have a new 2011 F150 (3 days old). My sync would not respond when I was trying to use the Services. Ford syncmyride assistance had me do a reset which did not work and then pull the fuse for a hard reset. Now nothing works. At least before the phone worked. anyone else have this problem?
You must re-sync the phone. Follow directions in the SYNC pamphlet.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Try the reset again.... if the sync system comes to life then use the system menu to try a "master reset"

If that hangs then go see your dealer.

This exact problem happened to me. The dealer had to replace the APIM module because they weren't able to reprogram it either.

Good luck,
Jon

Old 12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
thanks for the info. What worked was the "trick" with opening the driver's side door and then restarting the truck. Guess these are like any other computer they will need to be reset every so often.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sync died after reset