SVT Raptor F-150

Ken Block got a Raptor. Didn't take him long to do this...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 07:51 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ken Block got a Raptor. Didn't take him long to do this...

Yup, he did a burnout. Ken Block seems like a cool dude. Bet he's fun to have a beer with. Glad the HP guys found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcik_OS-5Qo

Old 04-26-2017, 12:00 AM
Yep, miss the ol V8 sound, but love the Eco power... I'm an ol Muscle Car guy and grew up with the adage of " there is no substitute for cubic inches"..

Well, that was before the little V6 turbo engines kicked ***... Going back to the old Buick Regal Grand National, T Type etc around 1984 or so?? Back then, there was no way a little V6 could do what they did...

Now, we can "tune" the things and just make stupid power...

I can do that kind of burnout with my old 97 F150 with a whimpy 5.4 in it too... Just stand on the brake and stand on the go pedal... Not really impressed with burning off about 2000 miles of tire tread pressing on the brake....

But, when it comes down to towing power, and doing a 1/4 mile.... These little V6 turbos can hold their own.. That old 5.4 sucked towing compared to towing with the EcoBoost...

Mitch

Last edited by MitchF150; 04-26-2017 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 PM
F150 Town Crier
Originally Posted by MitchF150
Yep, miss the ol V8 sound, but love the Eco power... I'm an ol Muscle Car guy and grew up with the adage of " there is no substitute for cubic inches"..

Well, that was before the little V6 turbo engines kicked ***... Going back to the old Buick Regal Grand National, T Type etc around 1984 or so?? Back then, there was no way a little V6 could do what they did...

Now, we can "tune" the things and just make stupid power...

I can do that kind of burnout with my old 97 F150 with a whimpy 5.4 in it too... Just stand on the brake and stand on the go pedal... Not really impressed with burning off about 2000 miles of tire tread pressing on the brake....

But, when it comes down to towing power, and doing a 1/4 mile.... These little V6 turbos can hold their own.. That old 5.4 sucked towing compared to towing with the EcoBoost...

Mitch
Yeah, the new replacement for displacement doesn't really hold true anymore — at least not like it used to. The EcoBoost is a hell of an engine!

Old 04-26-2017, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Burnouts are a complete waste of time and resources, especially the brake burns. One can do that with a '59 Cadillac..........Not impressed.