SVT Raptor F-150

Svt raptor...leveled or lifted???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say leave it the way it is.......But I would love to just see one of these lifted!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:45 PM
I read a question and answer session with an SVT tech online, and he said that lifting the truck voids the factory warranty. He also warned NOT to crank up the shocks.

I gotta say that looking at the two trucks side by side, I don't see the difference. However, when looking at the truck by itself, looks like its drooped down in the back.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by CombatMutt
I read a question and answer session with an SVT tech online, and he said that lifting the truck voids the factory warranty. He also warned NOT to crank up the shocks.

I gotta say that looking at the two trucks side by side, I don't see the difference. However, when looking at the truck by itself, looks like its drooped down in the back.
I think the dealer techs are encouraged to say that when you ask them about modifying a vehicle. However, unless they can prove the modification caused the problem, they are required by law to honor the warranty. I had my non-Raptor truck in for warranty a few times with its level kit and the dealer never had a problem fixing things unrelated to the suspension.

I agree the Truxx kit looks like it lifts the front end higher than the back from the pictures he posted.

Name:  HPIM1506.jpg
Views: 4880
Size:  153.9 KB

However, the orange Raptor on their web site does not look as high in the front.

KR-Texas

Old 07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Old 07-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear; this wasn't a dealership tech (I don't think those guys know what the hell is going on ever) this was one of the SVT engineers that helped design and test the Raptor.

You're right about the picture on the website not looking as tall up front.

Quick Reply: Svt raptor...leveled or lifted???