Addig lift and warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 07:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Addig lift and warranty?

What will adding a lift do to the factory warranty? Will it void only the components that are replaced, which would be my guess? Or will they void all components. I hate to talk to my dealer to raise suspicion. Does anyone here have any experiences? Would this be an item covered under Mag.Moss.

Old 11-21-2002, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as a dealer tech i can tell you that there
is no real set policy. but if a modification can be shown to have caused a failure they will not warranty that repair, from my experience only severely modified vehicles (ie nitrous, frame alterations, or any other mod that effects the entire vehicle) will cause ford to void an entire
vehicle from any future warr repairs.
but dont forget to look at all angles of the mods, ex. install susp lift for larger tires, processor not calibrated tire size, can cause trnasmission failures (non warranty) OR susp lift damaging drive axles due to increaded angles will not be warranty
REMEMBER this is what i have seen in my career, some dealerships will choose to be more strict and attempt to link any failure to any modifications that you have made. if you have a good relationship (and trust me, they remember the ones who dont) with your service dept, just ask the service manager,

Quick Reply: Addig lift and warranty?