For those with Spindle Lifts - Wheel Spacers on Rear?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those with Spindle Lifts - Wheel Spacers on Rear?

I know that there are a ton of you out there that have done spindle lifts... so what do you do about the front wheels being pushed out the extra 1-1/2" or so on each side? Do most of you have wheel spacers on the rear wheels so that they match up with the front? I've now spent over $3000 the past couple of months to lift my truck (twice) and get new wheels and 35" tires, and needless to say, I want everything to look perfect, but it's driving me crazy that the front wheels don't line up with the rear! In the past week I've had two people say to me "Hey, why did you get wider rims for the front tires and not get the same ones for the rear?" Then I have to explain the whole thing to them. To me it's very noticeable, and I was just wondering what everyone else with spindle lifts are doing?

Old 09-21-2002, 08:55 AM
Hmmm... No replies yet. After much research and reading older threads I've pretty much decided to go with the Fabtech lift spindles and 2" blocks on the rear also. I really don't want my front wheels to have a wider track than the rear wheels. So what about it Fabtech spindle guys? Did you use spacers on the rear or just live with it or what?

Curious in Texas
Willum

1999 F150 XLT 2WD 4.6L

Last edited by Willum; 09-21-2002 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-22-2002, 05:58 PM
just my opinion

If you want your truck to look good in your eyes go ahead and get the spacers. I really cant find anything wrong with them from an engineering stand point. sure they can put more stress on your bearings but wheels with a different offset will do the same thing. The only good thing about the front being wider than the back is if you really go offroad this garantees that your back tires will not be in the rut or track your front tires make.

Old 09-23-2002, 12:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have heard that since our trucks use HubCentric Rims that spacers won't work and will cause a vibration or stud failure. HubCentric means the wheel is seated on the hub of the axle or rotor, the studs just hold the wheel on. Might want to check about this. I have seen spacers for hubcentric rims so that may be an option.

Old 10-09-2002, 02:53 PM
Hey guys 2wd trucks stick out in the front the only kit that carries an equal stance but is a little lower than the rest is RCD. due to the goemetry change the front wheels get pushed out its really not the spindle that does this when lift is added plus the weight it pushes the top of the tire out on a f-150 making the apperance of a wider stance. look at the photos on http://www.racecardynamics.com/

Last edited by flawcee; 10-09-2002 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply: For those with Spindle Lifts - Wheel Spacers on Rear?