Urethane bushings for A-arms?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 11:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Urethane bushings for A-arms?

Does anyone carry these? I'm just about to buy a complete set of A-arms from someone, and I will be lowering the truck with springs at the same time. I'd love to throw some bushings on it also. Anybody know a place that sells them, and do you possibly have the part #'s??
I'm buying the A-arms because they came off a 99 after about 200 miles, it got lifted I guess? I'll have to get the lower balljoints done, but it's great deal to get the uppers and lowers at the price I may be getting them for. Anyone see any major problems with using used upper A-arms? Thanks guys.,,,,98

Old 09-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Screamer, there wont be any problems with used A arms themselves so long as they have'nt been in a wreck and gotten bent. You plan to replace all the moving components that usually wear anyhow so that is no issue.

I could'nt tell you where to get the bushings but if memeory serves me well I remember that those urethane bushings were notorious for being squeeky ! That may be different these days though.

Good luck.

Old 09-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Thumbs up

I know about the squeak, most of them come with silicone grease or graphite mixed into the urethane. I've had urethane main sway bar bushings for a couple of years or more, and I've never heard any squeaks yet Hopefully these are available as a pkg.,,,,98

Old 09-15-2002, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miguel,

If you wait just a bit you will be able to get the A-arm bushings from Energy Suspension in San Clemente, CA. They are going through R&D fitting for later model F150s right now (started on Sept 9) for all of the bushings on the chassis and suspension.

Contact Nathan Terry at Energy Suspensoin: 949-361-3935 to find out when the bushings will be ready for distribution. His email address is: nterry@energysuspension.com

Kevin

Old 09-15-2002, 04:10 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks Kevin!!
Hopefully I'll be able to do this when I come home around the middle of January. They may or not be out yet then. I do know it's about time they started making them! Tranny mounts? body mounts? Hope they come out soon.,,,,,98

Old 09-15-2002, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with 98 it's about time they got a kit out there. By the time it's out they'll have to start over again for the new F150.
I can't wit till they have them out. I might buy them ASAP but if I keep this truck much longer I would like new bushings to tighten things back up. It will get costly to have some of the bushings pressed in. Lots of work to get all of them pressed in too.

Quick Reply: Urethane bushings for A-arms?