Bushings with Edelbrock Shocks??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 06:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bushings with Edelbrock Shocks??

I know Edelbrocks come with Poly bushings but I think I've heard a couple of times that people got bushings that were too small. Is this very apparent when you see them? Does anyone have sizes, like a diameter or something of the right ones vs. the too small ones? Thanks.

Old 09-01-2002, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galaxy,

It was me that posted about that. I ran mine for a long time before discovering that they were chewed up like bubble gum after an 18 inning little league game!

I have another set of the "right" bushings that I can measure. However, in my case mine were obvious but the instructions with the shocks made it sound normal.

When I tightened the upper nuts, they didn't bottom out. The instructions said they "may not" bottom out and that was OK. WRONG. Mine should have "preloaded" the bushings a little bit but the bottomed out. The bushings were not much larger than the mount.

The "right" bushings that Edlebrock quickly sent me free of charge (double what I needed at that), were obviously right. They preloaded so the top mount installed firm like they should.

Let me know if you need me to measure the new bushings. The old ones don't have enough left to measure. I can also take a digi pic if that would help but give me a few days if you need that.

Last edited by FamilyRide; 09-01-2002 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2002, 04:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No problem and thanks for the help. I think mine are'nt coming until Santa brings them anyways. If I buy anything else before Christmas, I'm not going to be around for it anyways. I just remembered reading your (I know now) post on that and wanted to make sure it would be obvious if I had the right ones or not. If you think about it down the road a picture or outside diameter or something like that would be great but like I said, please don't rush. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Bushings with Edelbrock Shocks??