Shock Recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Shock Recommendation?

I have approx. 25,000 miles on my 01 Sport reg. cab. From what I have read on some post and including Talleywackers recommendation it is about time for me to replace the shocks. Talleywacker I believe you said 30,000 miles, I may be wrong so feel free to correct me.

I am really thinking about going with the Bilstiens. I am looking for some feedback from you with experence with shocks. Basically I am looking for a nice ride, not real harsh but nice and stable, or maybe a better way of putting it is crisp. I don't do any off roading so its all street.

I did call my Ford dealer and asked for prices. I have read on here some of you have got them for $35 - $45. My dealer quoted me $52.74 per shock. The problem with that is I asked for Bilstiens and they told me they only had part numbers but don't know who the manufacture is. I asked well who makes the shocks for the Lightings, again they said they have part numbers only but don't know what the brand name is. They asked why did I want them anyway. I told them I have heard they are better then stock Ford shocks. There reply was there is no difference. I just said thank you and ended the call. (Don't know the brand) I couldn't believe that. So I don't know if I can buy them there or not since they don't know what would be coming in, for all I know I would be paying the $52.74 for stock shocks.

Sorry for being so long. If you do give me any recommendation if you could let me know where I may be able to buy them from as well as approx. the cost. Or if you happen to be a dealer let me know that as well. (dealer of legal stuff )

Thanks for your help.

Old 08-13-2002, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Based on what your needs are, I would invest in the Edelbrock IAS shocks. They are a few bucks more than the Bilsteins. The Bilsteins are good, but give a more harsher ride. You won't be sorry in the investment. If you don't like them they have a 30-day unconditional return policy. They will also reduce sway. If you plan on dropping your truck slightly (1-2") in the future go with the Bilsteins. The Edelbrocks are length-sensitive and any change in height will throw off the valving in these shocks.

Quick Reply: Shock Recommendation?