97' XLT - 2WD Front End

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 06:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97' XLT - 2WD Front End

As I've posted in a few other areas on the forums, I'm going to be slowly going through my ole' trust girl that is in my signature. 2 years ago I replaced the pitman and idler arm as they were both really bad. Think.... 2-3 inches of play, easy. I'd have to steer ahead of when I expected to turn. That tightened it up BIG TIME by changing those out.

While looking through the front end I noticed just about every rub grommet/bushing is dry rotted. With this many years on the truck it's sort of par for the course.

So the question is.... What is the best way to go about replacing all of these rubber parts? Is this something that can be done or do all of the control arms and other parts go with them? I'd like to get the front end into 100% the position it should be in, then replace the front/rear shocks and know that the truck can be brought in for a front end alignment.

The last thing I want to do is replace some parts, get a front end alignment and then have to get another alignment because something else went bad that I decided to skip over.

Can this be done parts wise for less than 200-250 (not counting shocks)

Quick Reply: 97' XLT - 2WD Front End