Rear end lift question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear end lift question

I purchased and installed a MotoFab 2" Front Leveling Lift Kit for my 2017 F150 4X4. With my sons help we had it installed in just about 2 hour. It did indeed lift my front end up 2 inches but now my front is slightly higher than the back (about an inch higher), It doesn't bother me that much, in fact it bothers my son more than me but he has a good point, once I hook up my enclosed trailer with 2 Harleys in it the back will droop even more so, he's suggesting either air shocks or bags, I'm old so I have not dealt with bags and I remember air shocks I installed on my 62 Chevy and it made the ride terrible and they always leaked so what I'm asking is this,

What do you guys suggest to bring my rear up, is there a better option to Bags or Air Shocks out there?

Old 12-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put a Tuff County kit on my truck. They sell just the add a leaf. I tow with my truck quite a bit and have not had any issues with the add a leaf. I did up grade the shocks with bilstein. But this will take you back to more of a factory rake with the front being lower than the rear.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think air shocks are pretty much a thing of the past and depending on how big your trailer is, bags might be a little overkill. A good air bag kit works great with heavier loads but can be somewhat expensive and if you want to use it to level without a trailer they can sometimes ride rough.

I was in the same situation as you when I bought my 05, leveled it but hated the sag when I had my boat hooked up. I ended up going with an 1.5" add a leaf and have been very happy with it. Get the long leaf they ride much better than the short ones and after twelve years mine have settled down some so the rake is really minimal.

Quick Reply: Rear end lift question