Leveling Kit - Warning Graphic NSFW

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling Kit - Warning Graphic NSFW

Ok let me start by giving a few details. Im currently writing this from the ER.

Truck: 02 F150 2WD SuperCab 150k miles

Decided to put on a leveling kit. Went with Rough Country Spring kit. Ran into trouble compressing the new spring. Would compress some but truck wasnt heavy enough to compress spring enough to replace the upper control arm. Borrowed spring compressor from AoutZone. Type that goes in the middle two hooks and a plate. Compressed spring ALOT (maybe 4 inches) still not quite enough to poke the tip of the ball joint through the spindle top. Using wrench, with spring in place I started compressing more. Heard pop and felt something slam into my hand. Instantly though I broke finger. Glove started filling with blood. Went inside to wash off. Standing at the sink, adrenaline kicked in and I blacked out and hit the floor. lol

After i got bandaged up went out to look and spring was completely uncompressed. What I think happened was that the bottom plate/fork gave way and slipped causing it to spin and slap into my hand at a few hundred mph.

I tried to sleep it off and suffer through work but now im at the ER...thinking it's prob broken.

Im also kinda unsre how to proceede with the lift. Should I
a. Try the springs again. It seemed like a hell of a lot of pressure. Even if I get them in...worried it will stress other parts or at min be a super stiff ride.
b. get a spindle lift. I worry about this too because a its expensive and Ive decided to run stock wheels.

Thought you guys might be able to help. Red truck is the look im going for.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Leveling Kit - Warning Graphic NSFW-20171204_162755.jpg   Leveling Kit - Warning Graphic NSFW-spindle.jpg