Warranty on 2017 with leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty on 2017 with leveling kit

So I want to level my 2017 scab. My shop not the dealer told me not to level it because it could mess up my warranty. I called one off road shop and they quoted me a price of $535 to do it. I know the kits are fairly cheap and also the front end will have to be realigned. Also I did check with my Ford dealer and they no because it would mess up the actuators. They did say that a 1 inch would be ok but 1 inch want make much difference.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Any mod will nullify the warranty for parts affected by the mod. You change anything on the front end and suspension and they will not be warranted.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have to prove that any modification done actually caused the damage. They can't just blindly deny a warranty because you leveled it.

I've seen/read where some dealerships will actually install the leveling or lift kit and warranty it. Some have stated that Ford has warrantied up to a 4" lift, however each case and dealership is different.

I've leveled every truck I've owned, always 2.5", and never had any problems with the front end. I've always had them aligned after.