Pro Comp Pro Runner Performance Lift Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro Comp Pro Runner Performance Lift Kits

I recently purchased a Pro Comp Pro Runner Performance Lift kit (52201K) for my 2014 F150 FX4. After a week on my vehicle, the upper control arm ball joint started squeeking really bad. I called Pro Comp, who pretty much gave me the run-around and I had to go through Summit Racing from whom I purchased the unit from to get a replacement. The replacement was covered under warranty, however labor to replace the defective unit is not covered so now I am going to have to pay another $400 to replace a defective unit. I thought Pro Comp was suppose to be a top brand, but now I know otherwise from first hand experience. The reason I went with the Pro Comp Performance lift is because I didnt want a 6" lift, i did not want to cut my frame, and because of the reviews I found on Pro Comp. Looking back I would have opted for a Skyjacker 4.5" or 6" lift, especially now that I am going to have the same amount of money invested in my level lift.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:00 AM
looks like Murphy reared his ugly head. all swapped out and back to normal? they greasable?

Old 11-01-2017, 09:29 AM
Sorry for the delayed response. It's all swapped out, but not back to normal. The ball joint is not greasable. Had to use a dry powder graphite lube to get it to stop squeaking. After a few months, I have to reapply. The kit was advertised to be able to work with 35x12.50, which is bogus. I ended up going with 34x11 just to be safe. I can’t turn my wheels left/right all the way without scrubbing and if I run over a hole or bump bigger than 2 inches it bottoms out. Truly a POS and unfortunately I am stuck with it for now.