All inclusive Do's, Don'ts, Common Lift Questions, etc.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big B's FX4
A 6in lift is some time in the future (been saying that since I bought it new in '07). A lot of good info here. Besides, if I can pass the link on to somebody else and help them out all the better.
I've been wanting one since I bought it but the folks my insurance policy is under ain't too thrilled about it . . . but they're moving to Indiana, soooooo a 6" may ACTUALLY be in my future for the summer when they're gone and won't know

Old 02-26-2014, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I've been wanting one since I bought it but the folks my insurance policy is under ain't too thrilled about it . . . but they're moving to Indiana, soooooo a 6" may ACTUALLY be in my future for the summer when they're gone and won't know
While the cat's away the mice will play! You gotta get it while you can. It's the wife and $ been holding me back. Found a site that's 0% interest for a year as long as I get approved so it may be sooner then I thought. If you want the info PM me and I'll shoot it to you. Not sure what the rules on here are as far as non sponsors getting a shout out (can't remember if they are or not for sure). They specialize in Mustangs and F150's.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:53 PM
While the cat's away the mice will play! You gotta get it while you can. It's the wife and $ been holding me back. Found a site that's 0% interest for a year as long as I get approved so it may be sooner then I thought. If you want the info PM me and I'll shoot it to you. Not sure what the rules on here are as far as non sponsors getting a shout out (can't remember if they are or not for sure). They specialize in Mustangs and F150's.

So, after looking they are sponsors. Check out www.stage3motorsports.com. Good deals from what I've been able to find.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:54 PM

So, after looking they are sponsors. Check out www.stage3motorsports.com. Good deals from what I've been able to find.
That 5% military discount don't hurt ya either, does it? That is a good site though. I bought my Roush cat-back from them. Unfortunately, I'll have to drop the ~$5k for lift, wheels, tires all at once in straight cash I might be able to have it end up right around $4k if I'm able to install it myself at my neighbor's shop, but gonna have to budget for install.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:24 PM
5% off definitely doesn't hurt. I don't ever expect it but I'll take advantage of it if it's there.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:53 AM

5% off definitely doesn't hurt. I don't ever expect it but I'll take advantage of it if it's there.
Even if some companies do military discounts and breaks for publicity more than anything, I think more highly of those that do. And if I ever do end up with a business of my own, you bet your fatigue-wearin *** I'll have one

Old 02-27-2014, 04:27 AM
Even if some companies do military discounts and breaks for publicity more than anything, I think more highly of those that do. And if I ever do end up with a business of my own, you bet your fatigue-wearin *** I'll have one
Discounts are always a way to sway business one way. Tell you what, you get a business started and I need something you offer, I'll remember that.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:09 AM

Sounds like a plan

Old 06-03-2014, 02:06 AM
Spacer and Rancho Quicklift?

My 06 5.4 XLT 4x4 has a spacer on the strut. Looks to be about 2". I installed Rancho Quicklifts with the spacers on top as well but now the control arm looks to be almost touching the coil at the ball joint. Rancho says the struts will settle a bit. Do I need to go back in and take the spacers out or just be patient and trust? I really like the higher stance but dont wanna ruin anything. I also put new upper control arms and lower ball joints. Doing Rancho RS9000s on rear tomorrow hopefully. Next up - Alignment! But I can't afford two alignments if the Ranchos dont settle much! What do I do??

Old 06-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Btw, im running 33x12.5/17 if it matters... **** Cepek Mud Countrys

Old 06-03-2014, 07:17 AM
You have a small chance of actually getting it aligned if your using both the spacer and the struts to get lift. I'd remove the spacer and choose one or the other.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
You have a small chance of actually getting it aligned if your using both the spacer and the struts to get lift. I'd remove the spacer and choose one or the other.
Thanks Pizzaman! I really appreciate the help on it! I'd rather keep it cuz I dont wanna do all that work over again, but I'd definitely rather her last instead! 😉

Old 08-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Exclamation Need advice

I have a 2014 f150 2wd and just ordered a 2.5 front and 1.5 rear spacers. I plan to put 33 in nittos a/t on there. Will that give it the 4x4 look? And will I have any problems. Thank you

Old 08-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Skyjacker 3" Lift

Hello,

I read your do's & donts about lift kits but have a question about your recommendation not to use 3" leveling kit because of added wear on front end components. Skyjacker has a 3" lift kit

SKYF4301K-N

which uses struts in the front and add a leaf in the rear. BTW I have a 2006 supercrew F150 FX4. I have a 2" daystar leveling kit on now with 33" mt's that rubbed a little when new. I have been told I need to remove the leveling kit if I add any other lift.

My question is does this Skyjacker 3" lift fall into your "not recommended" bucket?

Im looking for the best way to get 35's on.

A second question is I have a 2" block lift in the rear and wonder if I can add the skyjacker add a leaf.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:11 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
The question of increased wear should be easy to answer in your situation just by looking at the angles that 2" kit is already putting control arms and ball joints in. When you push a car or other heavy thing, you drop your body to push with arms placed out as straight as possible in line with the force you wish to apply. You do not just walk up and push with arms at a 45 degree angle to the force do you?

Last edited by tbear853; 08-25-2016 at 08:14 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All inclusive Do's, Don'ts, Common Lift Questions, etc.