Lifting a 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lifting a 2wd

Been searching the threads and haven't found exactly what I was looking for. I am seeing if anyone is running the following setup on a 04-08 SCREW 2WD. 3" body lift, 2.5 level, and an AAL and if u can fit 35's with it. I will also be regearing if I can do 35's I will be adding a 6" suspension later but can't get suspension and new tires and rims at the same time. I can do the body,level,aal, and regear with tires and rims. Any help in this setup would be great. Pics would be an added bonus. Thanks

Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Your gonna need a minimum of 6" for 35's with the perfect wheel and you'll have to do a little trimming.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:47 AM
You can clear 35s with a level and body lift.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Are you planning on the 6" lift to add to the BL and level and AAL? This is often tough on ball joints if you are planning on this. My recommendation would be save the money and labor you are putting into the AAL, BL and leveling kit and wait on the suspension lift. Also since its 2wd the lift kits are cheaper, if you subtract the cost of the AAL, BL and LK from the suspension lift your looking at just over 1k.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Waiting for the suspension is possible I dont know where I would get one for 1K from. Most shops I called the suspension lift was at the lowest 1,300. I can do the install I have a lift and everything else I need. The problem is that with the suspension lift I would need tires+rims which is easily gonna be 2K. Then add another 1,300 for a lift. I was also at the understanding that a BL doesnt affect the ball joints at all. I added up the BL,AAL,Level kit with gap gaurds I can get for just under 600. With me doing the work thats allolt less than the suspension lift. I was mainly leaning toward that option because it is a 2wd and 33's dont look bad and I can retain the stock rims saving another 600. I also wouldnt have to regear. Eventually I would add the 6" and by the time the 33's were wearing down I would have enough saved for the rest of what I need. If you know of anyone running the BL,AAL,Level that is 2wd I would like to see pics just to get an idea of what it would look like. Also if anyone knows where I could get a 6" suspension lift for under 1,000 let me know I would go that way then. Thanks and keep the replys coming

Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Your not going to find one new for less than a thousand, what I was saying is if you dont put money into the AAL, BL and LK, that money ($600) that would leave only $700 more for the suspension lift. Once you get the suspension lift you will more than likely remove the AAL and LK and thats money "waisted" so to speak. Save the $600 up front and get all the stuff you ultimately want sooner (Sus Lift, gears, tires, wheels). Not to mention the time and effort saved on installing components that may later come out.

Quick Reply: Lifting a 2wd