Possible tranny problem?

Old 08-21-2001, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Possible tranny problem?

OK - here's the situation:

When returning from a weekend away, the truck lost all responsiveness to the throttle. [Were in the Ozarks towing a 1500lb trailer.] No matter what I did (overdrive in/out, downshift to 2nd, etc), nothing seemed to make a difference. The tach stayed steady at around 2800rpms, and had absolutely no power. I pulled over at the first opportunity and shut it down. On restarting, truck revv'd up to 2300rpms (no gas given), then idled back down to about 1100rpms. When I shifted into drive, revv'd up to about 1600rpms. After a few minutes on the side of the road (in the middle of nowhere), I decided that we would limp in to the next town and see what we could see. What do you know, but it drove fine then, so we headed on down the road. About 75 miles later, same thing happened, and once again before we got home. I took it in to the dealership, and they replaced the air bypass valve and gave it a clean bill of health. On startup, it seems fine, but I experienced the same loss of responsiveness on the way home this evening. Needless to say, it is going back in the morning! Anyone else experienced this situation and have any insight?

Oh yeah - truck has 18,500+ miles on it, with all scheduled maintenance.

Old 08-21-2001, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - so I don't know how this ended up in suspension instead of Transmission!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible tranny problem?